Enoy the Silence: Hopefully in the future

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Durandal

One thing that I really enjoy about my Leaf and other electric vehicles is the relative quiet operation compared to ICE vehicles. While cars are going to be the first vehicles to go electric, what I'm really excited about is trucks and 18 wheeler big rigs going electric. The quiet is what I look forward to, as road noise in my current location can be pretty bad when you have a large number of trucks rolling by.

Ironically truck owners seem to enjoy the loud obnoxious rumbling, just like Harley riders with straight pipes. I get it, it makes it feel like the vehicle is more powerful than it would seem without the loud sound. But once you realize that nobody else appreciates the loud sound, you feel more like the pariah that you are, and less like some guy driving a nice ride.

Anyhow, cheers to those who have a quiet electric vehicle! Which reminds me, I need to make a project of disabling that ridiculous VSP on my Leaf...

Back