GRA

Let The Dismantling Begin: Climate-Change Denier Scott Pruitt Trump’s Pick For New EPA Chief

Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:27 pm

Via IEVS: http://insideevs.com/let-the-dismantlin ... epa-chief/

The environmental groups will see their membership and donations skyrocket, as they'll be spending a lot of time in court.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Stoaty
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011
Leaf Number: 3871

Re: Let The Dismantling Begin: Climate-Change Denier Scott Pruitt Trump’s Pick For New EPA Chief

Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:00 pm

I predict Trump will go down as the most corrupt and most incompetent president ever. He has so many conflicts of interest he will probably meet criteria for impeachment (the emoluments clause of the constitution, seeking compensation from foreign governments for his business) the first day he is in office. Not only that, he is already screwing the working class that voted for him--and he isn't even in office yet. He is "draining the swamp" by stacking his cabinet with billionaires, one of whom was the foreclosure king. He certainly conned those who voted for him.
2011 Leaf with 62,000 miles given to Nephew
2013 Tesla Model S85 with 251 miles rated range at full charge
Leaf Spy Manual
Battery Aging Model Spreadsheet

craig
Delivery Date: 07 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 340162

Re: Let The Dismantling Begin: Climate-Change Denier Scott Pruitt Trump’s Pick For New EPA Chief

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:00 pm

That is, of course, one man's opinion.
I was no fan of Obama when he was elected, but he WAS elected, so I laid off him and gave him a chance.
Maybe you could do the same?
2005 Honda Insight (sold)
2014 Smart ED (sold)
2014 Leaf S with QC
23,000 miles, 12 bars
charged with CC LCS-25

grandizer52
Delivery Date: 27 Oct 2015
Leaf Number: 001089

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Stoaty wrote:I predict Trump will go down as the most corrupt and most incompetent president ever. He has so many conflicts of interest he will probably meet criteria for impeachment (the emoluments clause of the constitution, seeking compensation from foreign governments for his business) the first day he is in office. Not only that, he is already screwing the working class that voted for him--and he isn't even in office yet. He is "draining the swamp" by stacking his cabinet with billionaires, one of whom was the foreclosure king. He certainly conned those who voted for him.

wow so much doom and gloom...I agree give him a chance, all the new techy car companies opening in the US and he's trying to keep America first, not being like the last guy is a step in the right direction

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:33 pm

He is "draining the swamp" by stacking his cabinet with billionaires, one of whom was the foreclosure king. He certainly conned those who voted for him.

I'm trying to stay hopeful, but the above isn't a matter of interpretation. He's choosing mostly the kinds of people he railed against on the campaign for high office, and he has certainly not done anything remotely like "drain the swamp." It is more like, as one pundit put it, he is "stocking it with alligators."
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

Stoaty
Gold Member

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:52 pm

craig wrote:That is, of course, one man's opinion.
I was no fan of Obama when he was elected, but he WAS elected, so I laid off him and gave him a chance.

Trump isn't giving himself a chance. Don't you watch the news? Hear about his crazy tweets? Blaming the workers for companies sending jobs to other countries. Is he planning to put his business in a blind trust? No. Did he release his tax returns like every other candidate so we can see if he has any conflicts of interest? No. Using his position as president elect to get favors for his business from heads of state. Do you know the backgrounds of the guys he is picking for his cabinets? A labor secretary who is anti-labor. A leader of the EPA who is a fossil fuel guy and wants to tear up the pollution regulations. A guy who is tweeting crazy conspiracy theories as national security adviser. There are a few solid choices, but very few.

I wanted to give Trump a chance, but he is already shooting himself in the foot and can't stop shooting off his mouth. If he starts acting like a president, stops lying, and surrounds himself with experienced people who aren't picked to dismantle the agency they are to run I will give him a chance.
Leaf Spy Manual

LeftieBiker

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:15 pm

Trump's Cabinet choices are a bit more varied than the above suggests. His pick to run the military, for example, is actually a well-respected, well-read, thoughtful man who has support on both sides of the aisle. He appears to have gotten the "Mad Dog" nickname just from his last name - Maddox. It may even be ironic. I wonder if Trump just chose him because of the nickname...? Anyway, if he chooses Romney or a similar Moderate for Secretary of State, it will be more a "mixed bag" than a "bag of flaming dog poop." (Looking at you, here, Rudy!)
2013 "Brilliant Silver" SV with Premium Package and no QC, and 2009 Vectrix VX-1 with 18 Leaf cells.

The most offensive, tasteless phrase in use here is "Pulled the trigger." I no longer respond to posts that use it.

DaveinOlyWA
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 10 Nov 2016
Leaf Number: 314199

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:28 pm

craig wrote:That is, of course, one man's opinion.

what kind of comparison is that? you kidding right? do you understand the take this thread?
2011 SL; 44,598 miles. 2013 S; 44,840 miles. 2016 S30; 18,297 miles. 363 GIDs, Ahr 82.34, Hx; 100.00% kwh 28.1 QCs 165, L2's 190
My Blog; http://daveinolywa.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Stoaty
Gold Member

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:40 pm

LeftieBiker wrote:Trump's Cabinet choices are a bit more varied than the above suggests. His pick to run the military, for example, is actually a well-respected, well-read, thoughtful man who has support on both sides of the aisle. He appears to have gotten the "Mad Dog" nickname just from his last name - Maddox. It may even be ironic. I wonder if Trump just chose him because of the nickname...? Anyway, if he chooses Romney or a similar Moderate for Secretary of State, it will be more a "mixed bag" than a "bag of flaming dog poop." (Looking at you, here, Rudy!)

Agreed on his picks for secretary of defense and homeland security, there are a few solid ones... just not enough.

PS Just heard that he plans to remain as executive producer of Celebrity Apprentice while he is president. How about focusing on the job of president 100%?
Leaf Spy Manual

LeftieBiker

Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:42 pm

I think I'm willing to let him be distracted by harmless side projects...

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”