Tesla's influence on the auto industry and elsewhere

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RegGuheert

When I read articles about EVs, I find that I'm often saying to myself things like, "That's only happening because of Tesla," or , "That's just a copy of a Tesla." Since it happened twice today, I thought I would start a thread where we could record things which appear to be Tesla-influenced in one way or another, but by some other corporation.

First, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Does this Mazda concept car look like some other car to anyone else here?

Screenshot-2018-1-18-MAZDA-NEXT-GENERATION-TECHNOLOGY-AND-DESIGN.png

Next, I have to wonder why Porsche feels the need to build a dedicated EV supercar platform:
InsideEVs said:
As far as Volkswagen Group goes, Porsche is already ahead of other brands and is now planning yet another future EV platform, specifically for electric supercars and two-door sports cars.

This topic can be taken too far. Sometimes different companies move in the same direction despite each other.

Here is the Mazda 6:
my17_mz6_gt_41v_soul_red-02.jpg

Are you telling me the concept you linked to doesn't have Mazda's design language?

GetOffYourGas said:
Are you telling me the concept you linked to doesn't have Mazda's design language?
Not at all.

But only the front of that concept car looks like the Mazda. All the rest is Tesla Model S.

Remember, when the Model S came out, everyone said that it was handsome, but pretty much a generic four-door car shape. Tesla didn't take any chances with the design. Musk even said that they wanted it to look like a car, not some kind of wierdmobile. So it's not surprising that one would find that other cars look similar to the Model S.

Back