China decreases EV subsidy, increases minimum range to qualify

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via GCC:
China decreases EV subsidy, increases minimum range to qualify
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/02/201080215-china.html

. . . The changes to the program last through June 11. The government will re-examine the subsidies after assessing sales trends. Local governments also likely will lower their subsidies to manufacturers.

For an electric car with a range of 200-250 km per charge, the subsidy dropped to CNY 24,000 (US$3,787) from CNY 36,000 (US$5,681). The minimum range to qualify for subsidies rose to 150 km (93 miles) per charge from 100 km (62 miles). . . .

Doesn't really effect the vehicles we would drive here as the all meet that kind of standard, I have seen plenty of BEVs over there that are designed simply to get that credit and they barley make the minimum on paper, real world is another thing. I'll be more interested to see how their higher end market responds to compete with the tesla, ford and GM offerings.

LCR said:
Doesn't really effect the vehicles we would drive here as the all meet that kind of standard, I have seen plenty of BEVs over there that are designed simply to get that credit and they barley make the minimum on paper, real world is another thing. I'll be more interested to see how their higher end market responds to compete with the tesla, ford and GM offerings.
There are still a few available here that wouldn't meet that (at least, not if using EPA cycles): the Smart, 500e, and Clarity BEV coming to mind. Here's a more detailed account of the changes: https://cleantechnica.com/2018/01/06/chinese-electric-vehicle-subsidy-changes-2018-details/

150km what 90miles? if fiat wanted to sell in china im sure they'd find a way to squeeze 3 miles of range in there, same with honda finding 1 more mile to add to the clarity.

LCR said:
150km what 90miles? if fiat wanted to sell in china im sure they'd find a way to squeeze 3 miles of range in there, same with honda finding 1 more mile to add to the clarity.
93.2 miles. 500e EPA range 87 miles, Clarity BEV is 89 miles, so an extra 6 and 4 miles needed.

Back