IEVS: Following Tesla Sales Crash, Denmark Reconsiders EV Incentives

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://insideevs.com/following-tesla-sales-crash-denmark-reconsiders-ev-incentives/

. . . According to ACEA, in 2015 some 5,298 plugs-in were registered in the country, including 2,738 Tesla Model S.

In 2016, the market decreased by over 60% to 1,920 and in 2017 to just 1,342 (another 30% year-over-year drop), including 386 Renault ZOE (the best selling model for the year). . . .

Prime Minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen hinted that Denmark will now reconsider electric car subsidies/tax cuts (vehicle registration tax often doubles the cost of new car), that could be introduced as early as after this summer.

• “We have tax incentives for electric cars, and you could discuss if they should be bigger. I will not exclude that,” Rasmussen said in an interview in Copenhagen. Any new incentives would be announced along with a government plan to boost clean-energy consumption after the summer, he said.

Danish sales of electric vehicles have fallen dramatically — from nearly 5,000 in 2015 to around 700 in 2017 — since Rasmussen’s center-right government phased out subsidies such as those offered in Norway and Germany.”
Just another confirmation that AFV sales remain dependent on subsidies.

Back