GCC: Colorado AQCC moves forward with California LEV regulations; to consider separate ZEV mandate

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2018/08/20180821-colorado.html

The Colorado Air Quality Control Commission (AQCC) will move forward with a proposal to adopt California Low Emission Vehicle standards for new light- and medium-duty motor vehicles sold in Colorado beginning in MY 2022. (Earlier post.) The proposed rule is now set for a Public Rulemaking hearing, scheduled for November.

If adopted these standards would have the effect of preserving existing standards applicable in Colorado, and avoid any freezing of these applicable standards by the federal government. The Proposed Rule does not create a Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) program for Colorado.

However, many of the public comments presented at the August Request for Hearing of of the proposal urged consideration of adopting the California Zero Emission Mandate as well.

As a result, the AQCC decided to establish a separate rulemaking for ZEV standards to be presented in December 2018 and to be considered in March 2019. . . .

Back