ABG: IKEA plans zero-emission home deliveries in five major cities by 2020 Aims for 100-percent of last-mile deliveries

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/09/15/ikea-zero-emission-home-deliveries-2020/

STOCKHOLM (Reuters) - IKEA Group, the owner of most IKEA stores worldwide, said on Friday all its home deliveries in the inner cities of Amsterdam, Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Shanghai would be made by electric vehicles or through other zero-emission means by 2020.

The world's biggest furniture retailer said in a statement that that would mean 25 percent of its home deliveries would be zero-emission by 2020. The company has a target for all its last-mile deliveries to be by electric vehicles (EV) or other zero-emission means by 2025. . . .

It's amazing that 5 cities can make up 25% of the deliveries. :)

I do love IKEA, and BEV delivery, but part of me thinks this is thanks to zero emission vehicle requirements in many urban areas that are popping up. If you ignored it and lost 25% of your delivery ability, that wouldn't be good.

<sidetrack>

All the more reason to buy some particle board minimalist furniture! If assembled properly, holds up surprisingly well. My IKEA dressers have survived 4 moves and lots of use. The solid wood ones I got at a big furniture store that required me to go home for delivery (annoying) lasted about a decade before it warped enough that the drawers don't close properly anymore.

The solid ones I have from my grandparents still look and work as new and have been moved well over 40 times in their lives, and not professionally!

</sidetrack>

Back