IEVS: In Austria, Electric Car Speed Limit To Be Higher Than ICE

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

https://insideevs.com/austria-electric-car-speed-limit-higher/

Just recently, Austria has started to implement a 140km/h (86mph) speed limit on some of their autobahns. The Alpine country is also axing the much-debated 110km/h (68mph) night speed limit, in effect from 10 PM – 6 AM on some parts of their high-speed road network. And now, it seems that Austria will pioneer an adjustment for the speed restrictions for electric vehicles traveling in the country’s IG-L-Hundred zone, which covers a total area of 440 kilometers (273 miles).

The updated rules will allow Tesla and other electric vehicle owners to travel up to 130 km/h (80 mph) on the highway, 30 km/h (20 mph) faster than their fossil fuel-powered counterparts. Mind you, the current restrictions on some roads in Tyrol – like the A 12 Inntal motorway and the A 13 Brenner motorway – are just 100km/h right now. The update covers only electric vehicles, so any plug-in hybrid – like, for example, the BMW i8 – which use an ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) alongside its battery-powered powertrain, will not be able to utilize the updated regulations. . . .

Back