EVDRIVER

Re: Carlos Ghosn ousted over financial misconduct

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:02 am

I heard the cost of LEAF pack replacement was raised by him to fund these financial exploits.

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:05 am

EVDRIVER wrote:He's correct. I worked on Wall street in the mid 90's in one of his first buildings there. On more than one occasion I was present with him in meetings and other events both private and public and heard conversations that were intended to be private. I can tell you from what I have seen first hand he is everything people accuse him of, none of which is positive. The worst human I have ever met likely and a complete fraud and crook. Can't believe it took this long to flush out his constant BS. The worst part of him is that he actually is a traitor and should be punished to the full extend of the law.

That's nice that you have opinions; you are certainly entitled to them. Having opinions about someone and having evidence they committed an actual crime are two completely different things though.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

cwerdna
Delivery Date: 28 Jul 2013

Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:53 pm

Ousted Nissan boss' daughter takes documents, cash from apartment
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-niss ... SKBN1OD1FN

The lieutenant who turned on Carlos Ghosn in Nissan’s civil war
Former loyalist Hari Nada played a vital role when Japanese carmaker opened its inquiry
https://www.ft.com/content/aa89057c-fee ... e208d3e521

Renault said to demand Nissan shareholder meeting amid crisis over Carlos Ghosn's arrest
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/16/renault ... risis.html

Ghosn Pay Probe Spotlight Shifts to Nissan and Its CEO
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... eo-saikawa

Nissan is investigating a 'CEO reserve' fund used by its former chairman Carlos Ghosn
https://www.businessinsider.com/nissan- ... sn-2018-12

'19 Bolt Premier
'13 Leaf SV w/premium package (owned)
'13 Leaf SV w/QC + LED & premium packages (lease over, car returned)

Please don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

awhile
Delivery Date: 01 Nov 2018
Leaf Number: 300706

Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:31 pm

Wall Street Journal article too. Super long and detailed.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-fall-o ... 1545003310
The Fall of the House of Ghosn
Not everybody at Nissan was happy with their rock-star chairman, Carlos Ghosn. His high-living ways gave the company ammunition to take him down.
By Sean McLain, Phred Dvorak, Sam Schechner and Patricia Kowsmann
Dec. 16, 2018 6:35 p.m. ET

Little did Mr. Ghosn know that the forces that would eventually topple him were gathering. Nissan’s audit firm, Ernst & Young, continued to raise questions each year about Zi-A Capital, the entity through which the homes for Mr. Ghosn were purchased, says a person briefed on the matter. Those flags came to the attention of Hidetoshi Imazu, a quiet manufacturing veteran at Nissan who became compliance auditor for the board in 2014—a job that involves policing the actions of directors, according to people familiar with the probe.

Mr. Imazu was trying to figure out what Zi-A was doing, but was stymied by the chain of shell companies it used in places like the British Virgin Islands, two of the people said.

So around June, Mr. Imazu sought help from one of Zi-A’s directors, a Malaysia-born British-educated lawyer named Hari Nada, who was running global compliance as well as the CEO’s office, two of the people said.

Mr. Nada was a protégé of Mr. Kelly and had been listed as a Zi-A director since 2012, along with Mr. Kelly, according to company filings. He took Mr. Imazu to talk to Zi-A’s third director, Toshiaki Onuma, a longtime support staffer for Mr. Ghosn who handled paperwork for the deferred compensation, according to corporate documents and a person with knowledge of Nissan’s probe.

As the three compared notes, Mr. Imazu began to get a fuller picture of the money Nissan was spending on Mr. Ghosn and the amount of deferred compensation, which by this year totaled around $80 million, according to prosecutors’ allegations and people familiar with the probe

The group reached out to lawyers who could help them interpret what they were seeing and figure out whether any of it constituted criminal activity by Mr. Ghosn or others inside the company, said people with knowledge of the probe. Among the lawyers were ex-prosecutors who helped the executives take advantage of a new law that took effect in June and allowed criminal suspects to bargain for leniency in exchange for helping authorities.

By the end of the summer, the Nissan group had consulted informally with Japanese prosecutors, and in early October, those prosecutors decided they had a case, according to people familiar with the probe. Mr. Imazu and his group drew up a formal whistleblower report, stating that a Nissan unit was being used to provide homes for Mr. Ghosn at no cost, and that the directors’ compensation information on financial filings was incomplete, one of the people said.

Only then did they bring everything to Mr. Saikawa, who had taken over as Nissan’s CEO in 2017 as Mr. Ghosn’s handpicked successor, the person said. Mr. Saikawa had known nothing of the group’s maneuverings. Initially, Mr. Saikawa expressed incredulity at the allegations against his mentor, according to the person. Mr. Saikawa established a formal investigation that reported to him directly, the person said. Mr. Nada began collecting documents related to the properties, flying to Rio to seek deeds, according to emails viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Mr. Nada also began laying the groundwork for an elaborate operation to seize Mr. Ghosn as well as evidence to help the prosecutors’ case.

Nissan’s investigators didn’t want to confront Mr. Ghosn directly since they were fearful that he would have the power to crush the probe once he found out, say several people with knowledge of the matter. Instead, ...
2016 Leaf SV purchased 10/2018 with 62k miles. Manufactured 10/2015 with first owner at 8/2016.

EVDRIVER

Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:39 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:He's correct. I worked on Wall street in the mid 90's in one of his first buildings there. On more than one occasion I was present with him in meetings and other events both private and public and heard conversations that were intended to be private. I can tell you from what I have seen first hand he is everything people accuse him of, none of which is positive. The worst human I have ever met likely and a complete fraud and crook. Can't believe it took this long to flush out his constant BS. The worst part of him is that he actually is a traitor and should be punished to the full extend of the law.

That's nice that you have opinions; you are certainly entitled to them. Having opinions about someone and having evidence they committed an actual crime are two completely different things though.

The crime part is an opinion that will soon become fact most likely. The rest is fact. I won't post details here, it wont matter for those that would defend anything he does no matter how vile, unethical, or illegal.

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:32 am

EVDRIVER wrote:...it wont matter for those that would defend anything he does no matter how vile, unethical, or illegal.

I have no problem going wherever the evidence leads. Let me know if they ever come up with any.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

EVDRIVER

Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:54 am

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:...it wont matter for those that would defend anything he does no matter how vile, unethical, or illegal.

I have no problem going wherever the evidence leads. Let me know if they ever come up with any.

I think you will hear about it. Crimes aside there is plenty to be very very concerned about based on observation of daily facts.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:11 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:

I have no problem going wherever the evidence leads.

In your case, Russia
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

EVDRIVER

Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:26 pm

SageBrush wrote:
LTLFTcomposite wrote:

I have no problem going wherever the evidence leads.

In your case, Russia

Just wait until all the untapped domestic crud gets uncovered. He has been screwing people for years. That is a proven documented fact. I think many of those people will now be empowered to do something since he won't have the legal bandwidth to bully them away anymore.

SageBrush
Delivery Date: 13 Feb 2017

Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:44 pm

EVDRIVER wrote:
SageBrush wrote:
LTLFTcomposite wrote:I have no problem going wherever the evidence leads.

In your case, Russia

Just wait until all the untapped domestic crud gets uncovered. He has been screwing people for years. That is a proven documented fact. I think many of those people will now be empowered to do something since he won't have the legal bandwidth to bully them away anymore.

I was saying that ltlftcomposite is a pansy for Russian disinformation. He accepts as 'truth' whatever is fed to him by his trumper handlers.
2013 LEAF 'S' Model with QC & rear-view camera
Bought off-lease Jan 2017 from N. California
Car is now enjoying an easy life in Colorado
03/2018: 58 Ahr, 28k miles
11/2018: 56.16 Ahr, 30k miles
-----
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR, Delivered 6/2018

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”