France to Buy 50,000 EVs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To make sure Renault has a good market, no doubt.

Ofcource given extremely high nuke share of their electricity it makes perfect sense. May be France will go fossil-fuel free in a few years ...

France will be dependent on Uranium from unstable countries. And Nuclear contributes to warming up the atmosphere and nearby waters. Because the energy released wouldn't have been there if there was no uranium used. And mining is also bad for the environment.

I wonder with 100 nuclear plants on order by the Chinese what will happen with the price of uranium and what we will do with the waste. Why not go over to thermal energy plants? It has the capacity of 44TWh. And CO-2 emissions are very low and could be put back into the earth in the process.

I am also in favor of solar power because it can benefit you as a consumer. You have your own power station on the roof of your house. Decentralized power will also lessen the need for power transmission lines.

The French made a deliberate decision regarding their energy policy, which like most of their decisions, had a lot to do with securing a maximum range of independent action. Fully 78% of their domestic electricity needs are met by nuclear plants. Although uranium supplies are weighted to unstable countries, a major supplier of uranium for France is Canada.

Certainly, where possible, thermal energy development is welcome.

There are many negative aspects to nuclear energy, as their are for most energy sources. However, when I compare the compete lack of any energy policy for the United States to the that of France, I have to say I am quite jealous.

I should disclose that I live within 12 miles of the infamous Three Mile Island, but I personally wish Pennsylvania had a few more. Yes, I want solar power as well, but being dependent on a dozen or so Middle Eastern countries for much of the world's energy supply should make anyone restless at night.

Back