Bill Ford looks ahead

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://management.fortune.cnn.com/2011/05/17/bill-ford-looks-ahead/

Forune says ...

The auto industry faces the biggest disruption since the launch of the Model T. Infotech is radically transforming what we drive and how we will travel.

This is from Bill Ford writing in Fortune.

The auto industry is about to go through a major transformation -- the biggest I've ever seen -- and new technology is driving it. For the first time in more than a century, some of the most fundamental and enduring elements of the automobile are being radically transformed. If you look at a car on the 100th anniversary of the Model T, yes, it has evolved dramatically, but it still has a gasoline engine, is sold through a dealership, and has four wheels. Now the pace of change has really stepped up. Electric vehicles are starting to take off. Later this year we'll launch an entire line of electric cars globally, starting with an all-electric Ford Focus, followed by a plug-in hybrid and an all-electric version of the company's new global C-MAX vehicle, a sporty five-seater.

First time I've heard of the all eletric C-MAX.

This is great he's talking about EV's but again no new 'real' facts; I've already seen that C-MAX would be an EV candidate after the Focus EV launch ... but as a member of the forgotten 36 for the LEAF when in 2011 can we expect the first Ford EV?

No closer to an answer today ... hopefully some milestone will come soon to post some expectations (at least we know Chicago will be a launch city this time)

Back