A good name for a 'green' cab company?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyCabbie

You know I'm a cabbie with an eco conscience. Well, presently I work for a co-operative of drivers in my town but have a good number of loyal customers and more than a few who have suggested I start a 'green' taxi fleet of my own.

Well with times being hard over here in the UK (still) I have had plenty of time to consider the ramifications of setting up my own 'green' cab company using hybrids for sure and maybe a fully electric car such as the Nissan Leaf or similar future models. The plan would be a town/city based company using vehicles which significantly reduce emissions and would appeal to those with an eco conscience as well as your average joe. I've learnt from driving a cab that you must never alienate your customers!

One thing that has eluded me though is what to call the company! It can't be something too obvious or corny or something that would age quickly, but equally it should reflect what the company is about.

OK I'll cut the crap - What should I call this company? Any ideas?

I rather like "obvious" names, 'cause I remember them. If "Green Taxi Co." is available, I'd use that. Otherwise how about "Eco Cabs".

Instead of hybrids, which aren't 'green' IMO since they use gasoline and don't have the lowest emissions, can you get access to cng and cng cars? The Honda Civic GX is the cleanest burning ICE in the world! And if you can add a 15-20% H2 mix, it's close to minus emissions. :mrgreen:

LEAFer said:
GreenCab (as opposed to YellowCab) :!:

Lots of those already...
5024334475_159f412a1a.jpg

greencab.jpg

greencabmaurits1-480x257.jpg

9392786-large.jpg

2890750269_c4aba1d0f5.jpg

GeekEV said:
LEAFer said:
GreenCab (as opposed to YellowCab) :!:
I believe cabs in the UK are black, not yellow... But green still works. ;)

Only in London. Oh and they're called black cabs but can be any colour and are often covered in advertising.

Where I am in the UK they're a bit more flexible on which vehicle you can use but not the paint job - so manufacturers colours only and no advertising. Do like the idea of the GreenCab Co as there doesn't appear to be one in the UK!?! Well I couldn't find one on google.

Any other ideas.

(Oh and hybrids are about as green as it gets in the UK (other than EV's). We don't get cng models and most taxis are diesel - eeek)

ZeroTaxi (as in Zero emissions)?
mitsubishi-i-miev-taxi-630.jpg

(Hmm... A Mitsubishi "Zero"...)

GrumpyCabbie said:
Any other ideas.
Depends on how "modern" you want to get.
- PlanetEarthCabs
- MotherEarthCabs
- TheBluePlanetCabs (get all the cars in blue, makes them distinctive)

I was thinking either:

Guilt Free Cab (no or low emissions versus other choices of transport)

or

Clean Cab ('clean' or low emissions; dual meaning of course)

or even ..

Quiet Cab (have you ever driven in a pure EV .. unbelievable just how quiet they are compared to an ICE, especially a diesel powered one)

GrumpyCabbie said:
(Oh and hybrids are about as green as it gets in the UK (other than EV's). We don't get cng models and most taxis are diesel - eeek)

Can you get B99 biodiesel? That would seem to solve a couple of problems...your guys (if they have them) could continue to use their diesel cabs and you can maintain green credibility.

If it were a pure EV company, you could call it 'Zapcab.' The 'zap' bit references the electricity but also suggests speedy transportation, and the name is short and fairly memorable.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I'm surprised there isn't more creativity here. How about:

Ohmtown Taxi Co.

Watt's your Destination?

Fare-A-Day Cabs

Nice!

Back