Does Nissan support LGBT LEAF owners?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

healy100

If you are concerned about Nissan's role in the repeal of gay rights in Tennessee please sign the petition.http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6006/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4141&tag=e1

healy100 said:
If you are concerned about Nissan's role in the repeal of gay rights in Tennessee please sign the petition.http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/o/6006/p/dia/action/public/?action_KEY=4141&tag=e1

I signed a few days ago.

I received this from Nissan:

05.23.2011 , Franklin, Tenn.
STATEMENT: NISSAN IN OPPOSITION TO HB600/SB632

BACKGROUND: Recently a number of special interest groups in Tennessee and abroad have voiced opposition to HB600/SB632, the "Equal Access to Intrastate Commerce Act," which is awaiting Governor Haslam’s signature to be signed into law. Nissan is clarifying its position on this piece of legislation and is issuing the following statement:

STATEMENT: "Nissan opposes HB600/SB632. While we believe in a standard State regulatory environment, we share public concerns about this bill‘s impact on diversity and inclusiveness. Nissan is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment for all stakeholders.”

# # #

Contact Information:

David P. Reuter
Nissan Americas
Tel # 615-725-5025

lzendle said:
STATEMENT: "Nissan opposes HB600/SB632. While we believe in a standard State regulatory environment, we share public concerns about this bill‘s impact on diversity and inclusiveness.
Now the question is: did they fight against the bill, or are they just paying lip service to this position?

Stoaty said:
Now the question is: did they fight against the bill, or are they just paying lip service to this position?

Wow you can't even give people what they ask for without them being bent on resentment. Seems their position was quite clear from that statement.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Wow you can't even give people what they ask for without them being bent on resentment. Seems their position was quite clear from that statement.
No resentment, just a valid question. Having a verbally stated "position" which isn't backed up by action isn't a real position. I am not accusing Nissan of anything, just wondering where the truth lies. It is very hard for me to believe that Nissan and the other large corporations sitting on the board of directors have no power to influence the direction of the chamber of commerce. Just sayin'.

lzendle said:
I received this from Nissan:

05.23.2011 , Franklin, Tenn.
STATEMENT: NISSAN IN OPPOSITION TO HB600/SB632

BACKGROUND: Recently a number of special interest groups in Tennessee and abroad have voiced opposition to HB600/SB632, the "Equal Access to Intrastate Commerce Act," which is awaiting Governor Haslam’s signature to be signed into law. Nissan is clarifying its position on this piece of legislation and is issuing the following statement:

STATEMENT: "Nissan opposes HB600/SB632. While we believe in a standard State regulatory environment, we share public concerns about this bill‘s impact on diversity and inclusiveness. Nissan is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment for all stakeholders.”

# # #

Contact Information:

David P. Reuter
Nissan Americas
Tel # 615-725-5025

So Nissan does know how to set the record straight (no pun intended). Now, David . . . about that pollen.

BlueSL said:
Nissan does know how to set the record straight (no pun intended). Now, David . . . about that pollen.
STATEMENT: "Nissan opposes discrimination against pollen in all forms, whether it be from trees, grasses, weeds or flowers. We support pollen of all nationalities. Nissan is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment for all forms of pollen. We are demonstrating our support by allowing pollen a free ride on select cars."

Stoaty said:
BlueSL said:
Nissan does know how to set the record straight (no pun intended). Now, David . . . about that pollen.
STATEMENT: "Nissan opposes discrimination against pollen in all forms, whether it be from trees, grasses, weeds or flowers. We support pollen of all nationalities. Nissan is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive environment for all forms of pollen. We are demonstrating our support by allowing pollen a free ride on select cars."
Nicely done, Sloaty! You're quite the pollentician. ;)

Back