Finding Local PV Powered Stores = Google Sat View!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRONZ

Shopping for jeans yesterday, it was brought to my attention that I was currently shopping in a "Kohl's Solar Store". Cool! Between the overhead sales announcements was spinkled facts that 40% of the stores energy was being harvested on the roof. Being local, I was a little miffed at myself for not knowing this. Afterall, how many people look at (or can see) the roofs of local businesses for PV? I whipped out the trusty iPhone to take a peek in Google Sat View and see what I was standing under. A very impressive array. Basically covered the entire roof! Suddenly looking at the price (value!) of Kohl's jeans a little differently I grabbed a few extra slacks and a couple of dress shirts for good measure.

It only took a few minutes in Google Maps Sat view but I now know all my local businesses with PV. I recommend everyone take a peek at the stores they frequent and reward those that are stepping up to sustainable clean power. I was surprised by what I found and have adjusted my shopping habits accordingly.

BTW- this should be a filter feature in Google Maps!

Back