Sanya Skypump - Wind and Solar Charging Station

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcesare

Urban Green Energy (UGE) and GE announced today the introduction of the Sanya Skypump, an Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station that will bring together the technology of GE’s WattStation™ and UGE’s Sanya hybrid wind/solar streetlamp. The Skypump will enable owners of electric vehicles to charge their cars from a renewable energy source, gaining certainty from the often-uncertain origin of grid power.
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/7/prweb8647740.htm

That is cool! I have sent in email comments to them to try and align their initial rollout along with Nissan LEAF or other EV autos.

On a similar note, a developer in Jerseyville, IL, is building 32 houses and a commons building in a rent-subsidized
development called Lexington Farms. In addition to the rent subsidy, the developer is installing wind
and solar generators on all the homes and a solar generator on the commons building to try to
provide ongoing assistance to the lower income residents who are targeted for this development.

Each house will have 7 KVA of solar generation capacity and 1.35 KVA of wind generation capacity,
and each is heated electrically. The homes have bi-directional meters for Net Metering.

Back