Personal car-sharing for BEV owners.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

Have any LEAF owners tried this?

My first thought is that this Could answer the needs for the occasional long range trip for single-car BEV owners.

But I also wonder just how much in demand LEAFs would be for renters, in regions like SF where there is ample L2 infrastructure, and soon (we hope) DC.

Your rental (and maybe the gas costs also) for the ICEV Civic you need for that one-week trip to LA, could be paid by the Vacationer needing a car for a week in the Bay Area.

Reporting from San Francisco -- Emily Castor's metallic gray Honda has been driven by dozens of people she's never met.

They treat it well, pay any tickets they get and do the dirty work of finding a legal parking spot when they return it to her neighborhood near Golden Gate Park.

Castor, 29, is pulling in hundreds of dollars each month through one of several personal car-sharing companies that have burgeoned in the Bay Area over the last year. For $8 an hour or $45 a day, renters can climb behind the wheel of her Civic. Insurance is included...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-personal-car-sharing-20120215,0,2058206,full.story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back