Does the AV model make a good fit for a EVSE supplier?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVDRIVER

For an EVSE company they have interesting businesses. I can't imagine how a company like this could be competitive.

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jun/26/business/la-fi-aerovironment-20100626

Something tells me some congressperson was involved in them getting the exclusive Nissan deal, too bad installing what is basically an outlet does not have the fat margins of military contracts. Perhaps they can gouge the L3 customers and dealers but the residential market is far too competitive and AV will soon learn this once people go elsewhere. The residential market is best left to electricians, they have been doing this for years.

Yes - I do think Leviton would have been a good match.

Interestingly, I was expecting ecotality to be dishing substandard EVSE - since they already got the government money. But they seem to be almost going overboard - even getting expensive designers !

evnow said:
Yes - I do think Leviton would have been a good match.

Interestingly, I was expecting ecotality to be dishing substandard EVSE - since they already got the government money. But they seem to be almost going overboard - even getting expensive designers !

Government funded design to support future private sales perhaps. Not sure any of these dedicated residential EVSE models will survive once it is commoditized.

Back