Video of LEAF traveling at 98 MPH (157 KPH)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That will be "great" for driving around here, ... once we get
the road surfaces fixed, and remove most of the other cars.

More seriously, ... Wow, that's Fast!

Now, if only it will go up hills and still go more than 50 miles
on an 80% charge, we could actually go on "trips".

First trip, gettig home from the dealer. :)

At the start of the video, I can't catch his name or location. I can understand him when he says, "Just like to show how fast this full electric car. We can go". His profile says he's from Moscow Russia. I wonder if this video was shot in Moscow.

indyflick said:
At the start of the video, I can't catch his name or location. I can understand him when he says, "Just like to show how fast this full electric car. We can go". His profile says he's from Moscow Russia. I wonder if this video was shot in Moscow.

The numerous Dekra crash test he has uploaded are in "Swiss town Wildhause that two hours away from Zurich". Looking at the road & cars, I think that is more likely than Moscow.

I watch the video over and over picking out small details.

I like the sound the motor makes, not silent like I would want it to be. But a kind a cool whine like a jet engine. :p

<Simpson:Homer>
Mmmm, felonious speeds...
Agggggggggg
</Simpson:Homer>

Seriously, though, it seems to get rather shaky at that maximum speed of 157, doesn't it. Shows the cars chugging along as fast as it can but the air resistance is pushing just as hard to keep it from 158. One wonders what the LEAF could do on the Moon! :)

I believe about 98mph is the max single gear electric cars can go - unless some kind of mechanism like Roadster's is included.

edit : I believe about 98mph is the max Leaf can go given their motor & gear ration.

evnow said:
I believe about 98mph is the max single gear electric cars can go - unless some kind of mechanism like Roadster's is included.

Not sure how you came up with that number, it is a function of the motor RPM and gearing, there is no 98 MPH limit on a single speed drive today. It's about trade offs.

TimeHorse said:
Seriously, though, it seems to get rather shaky at that maximum speed of 157, doesn't it. Shows the cars chugging along as fast as it can but the air resistance is pushing just as hard to keep it from 158. One wonders what the LEAF could do on the Moon! :)
It's a hand held camera shot. looks pretty stable to me. The reason it won't go faster is that it's programmed to not go faster. We have been told it would be programmed to not exceed 90 mph. This particular vehicle apparently was set to 98 mph.

Gonewild said:

I like the sound the motor makes, not silent like I would want it to be. But a kind a cool whine like a jet engine. :p

At low speeds, the motor is virtually silent. But when you floor the accelerator, the car darts forward and the sound from the motor is really fantastic, like a jet fighter about to take off. Personally, I prefer it to a V8.

MikeBoxwell said:
Gonewild said:

At low speeds, the motor is virtually silent. But when you floor the accelerator, the car darts forward and the sound from the motor is really fantastic, like a jet fighter about to take off. Personally, I prefer it to a V8.
Mike I loved the sound as well I thought it was a jet. :p

evnow said:
Roadster is single gear - no transmission. Top speed 125mph.

Back