new keys

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard1979

I have imported a Nissan Leaf from USA to Norway. The problem is that VIN number is not registrated in Europe. If I lose 1 of my keys, I cannot copy a other one. If I lose both, the car cannot be used anymore..
What can I do? Is it not possible to transfer the VIN number from US to Europe?

Hi Richard, Did you get a 2011 with Tan interior from Meadowlands Nissan in NJ?

Richard1979 said:
I have imported a Nissan Leaf from USA to Norway. The problem is that VIN number is not registrated in Europe. If I lose 1 of my keys, I cannot copy a other one. If I lose both, the car cannot be used anymore..

Unless something has changed at Nissan within the last 15 years, you don't need both keys to re-program the car. When I bought a dealer-demo Maxima, they couldn't find the second key but the dealership got a new alarm key fob and new ignition key programmed to work with my car.

Richard1979 said:
I don't understand the need for two keys in order to duplicate. But, if correct, and you are prone to losing keys, the answer is simple. Get a duplicate while you still have both original keys. ;)

Today I have 2 keys, but if I lose 1 key, I really ned to duplicate a new one. The problem is that
Is not possible. Because the car is imported from USA to Norway (Europe).. The VIN number is not
In the Europeen database. Nissan here in Norway said that if Iose both keys, the car cannot be used anymore. That is a little scary.

What must be done is to move the VIN number and data from the US database to Europe..

ebill3 said:
Richard1979 said:
I don't understand the need for two keys in order to duplicate. But, if correct, and you are prone to losing keys, the answer is simple. Get a duplicate while you still have both original keys. ;)

I have a equipment that can handle it including decoding a PIN code for a immobilizer :D

Back