Leaf Battery Compartment Bulkhead?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDXLeafGuy

Is there basically an airtight bulkhead between the Leaf battery pack and the passenger compartment? That is, were the batteries to vent for whatever reason, the emissions would *not* enter the passenger compartment, and instead vent to the wider environment outside the vehicle?

Links to any prior posts on this topic are welcome. Thanks.

The battery pack is both external to the passenger compartment and is sealed.

PDXLeafGuy said:
Is there basically an airtight bulkhead between the Leaf battery pack and the passenger compartment? That is, were the batteries to vent for whatever reason, the emissions would *not* enter the passenger compartment, and instead vent to the wider environment outside the vehicle?

One thing i'd noted in viewing photos of the Chevy Spark EV is that the battery pack is right under the rear seats. That would be a concern. Hopefully this mention isn't too off-topic.

It's under the passenger compartment on most-all EVS, including the Spark, Leaf, Volt, and Tesla... No reason for any concern.

PDXLeafGuy said:
One thing i'd noted in viewing photos of the Chevy Spark EV is that the battery pack is right under the rear seats. That would be a concern. Hopefully this mention isn't too off-topic.

PDXLeafGuy said:
One thing i'd noted in viewing photos of the Chevy Spark EV is that the battery pack is right under the rear seats. That would be a concern.
If that concerns you, you probably ought not have just about any production EV. ;)

There are about 250,000 vehicle fires each year in the USA. Driving around with 10 or 20 gallons of highly-flammable liquid under the car is a concern!

Back