VERY Technical shell specs!!! ENGINEERS GTFIH

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajones529

Hey guys, I'm at a very large road block and really need some help. I won't provide the long boring back ground information :geek: , so I will just tell you what I'm trying to figure out.

How can I find an accurate CAD model of the new Nissan leaf? I need accurate measurements. Imagine that i want to design a metal cover that fits over the entire car, and it needs to just slide on flush. This is not what I'm trying to do at all of course, but it is an example of the type of information/measurements that I need. Please help me! :D

You will need to take the car to be scanned to get the external dimensions you seek. Even the body repair manual is light on external dimensions. Just major openings and front rails are covered by the manual.

ajones529 said:
Hey guys, I'm at a very large road block and really need some help. I won't provide the long boring back ground information :geek: , so I will just tell you what I'm trying to figure out.

How can I find an accurate CAD model of the new Nissan leaf? I need accurate measurements. Imagine that i want to design a metal cover that fits over the entire car, and it needs to just slide on flush. This is not what I'm trying to do at all of course, but it is an example of the type of information/measurements that I need. Please help me! :D

Model for a video game? :mrgreen:

GoneSilent said:
You will need to take the car to be scanned to get the external dimensions you seek. Even the body repair manual is light on external dimensions. Just major openings and front rails are covered by the manual.

Okay that's what I was thinking.. What are the chances that a Nissan dealership would already have scans like that available? I highly doubt they would let me "test drive" a Nissan leaf all the way to a place that has that kind of technology.. They have to have some kind of CAD models of their cars! Right? :cry:

If you were at SEMA this week, you could drop by the Nissan booth, and get the files you need there.

All Manufacturers provide exterior dimension data for 3rd parties making accessory parts to fit on their cars, and the SEMA (Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association) show in Las Vegas this week is the place to get that sort of stuff.

You may have to license the data, but the license can be had very inexpensively or at no cost at all.

Back