2013 vs 2011-12 door weight?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneSilent

Anyone know the door weight of the 11-12's? I need to buy two doors and if the fit is the same would go with the 2011-12 in aluminum vs the 2013 steel. I guess I should just grab one and see how it fits and weight.... 2011-12 doors are also $100 bucks cheaper...?

I don't know how much the doors weigh, however after having owned LEAF's with aluminum doors and now steel, I prefer the steel doors. They feel more "solid" and might hold up better against door dings. On the other end, the weight of the steel hood is enough to make it very noticable vs. the Aluminum hood. If weight is a issue for you I guess I would go for aluminum otherwise replace the doors with what belongs on the car.

I have ordered a new front passenger 2011-12 door shell and will see how the fitment is on the 2013. ETA 1 week from a local dealer.

Also of note for 2011-2012 and 2013 fitment. The glass for 2013 is made in the USA by Pilkington. You can notice a slight tint difference in the glass vs the Japan made Nismo glass. So if you are replacing any side windows make sure you order the correct glass for your car.

Back