All around view camera as recording device.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tszukow

Hell to everyone, I have question if someone try to hack to all around view cameras in Nissan premium package to use as nonstop safety /accident recording device like regular dashboard cameras sold on Ebay and other markets?
I do not like have camera mounted on the windshield and wires hanging to cigarette power socket.
All it need is SD card recorder hidden some place eg. glove box. Recording cameras are big help when comes to collision or vandalism to deal with insurance and police.

Thanks.

When car alarm is armed, use motion detectors to 'see' if someone gets close to car... start recording and continue until 'threat' is gone. Anything bothered when driver returns... pull SD card and view on computer to see if any evidence can be used.

great idea. Might wanna add more cams inside car to watch driver seat if car is stolen.

could work...

It probably wouldn't be very useful. The three cameras on the two sides and the front all point downward. Great for parking precision, but bad for seeing anything but feet and tires of surrounding cars.

Back