User avatar
Randy
Moderator
Posts: 2122
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm
Delivery Date: 04 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0191
Location: San Diego, CA

Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:48 am

I was reviewing the Leaf Features and Specs pdf document from the Leaf website, and came across a few features that I haven't heard too much talk about....Have you? Here's a list...

* Vehicle speed sensitive steering
* For the SL, there is a sixth feature I've never heard about: Garage Door Opener
* Cold weather package: Heated seats, steering wheel, etc. That wasn't presented at reservation time. What is "HVAC Duct to Read"?
* Bluetooth Handsfree phone system
* Nissan vehicle immobilizer system

When will our Christmas presents arrive? :)

User avatar
sjfotos
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 am
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:52 am

Thanks for the research andy....the only one I was aware of before was the Bluetooth capability. Interesting. I have no clue on the HVAC spec!
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

User avatar
garygid
Gold Member
Posts: 12460
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange Co, CA

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:56 am

HVAC is Heating and Air Conditioning.
And, it should be "duct to the Rear", I believe.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius, now for sale
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2018 Tesla Model 3
2014 Tesla S, Model 3 in 2019
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

User avatar
garygid
Gold Member
Posts: 12460
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am
Delivery Date: 29 Mar 2011
Leaf Number: 000855
Location: Laguna Hills, Orange Co, CA

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:58 am

Would the "Garage Door Opener" be a reference to the SL's HomeLink system?
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius, now for sale
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2018 Tesla Model 3
2014 Tesla S, Model 3 in 2019
PU: SDG&E
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle

User avatar
sjfotos
Posts: 667
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 am
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:02 am

Ah.....duct to reaR....THAT makes sense!! I was puzzling over that still!
Forum Supporter

Steve in PA
Reserved 4/20/2010, Forgotten in Pennsylvania

mitch672
Posts: 1956
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:10 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:04 am

yes, I'm sure the garage door opener is homelink, usually has 3 programmble buttons (one to a door opener is typical and the other 2 can be used to turn on lights etc), I have that and most everything on this list on my 2010 Prius package 5... The immobilizer is probably just a security chip built into the "key", which is probably just an RFID, similar to the Prius, just get in and press the "start" button. Keys are so 90's :)
2012 Advanced Plug in Prius (sold)
I Support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/
My Fuelly page: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mitch672/prius-plugin
Tesla Model S 85KW Dolphin Grey VIN: 03245, delivered 1/17/2013

efusco
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:01 pm
Delivery Date: 26 Jun 2015
Location: Nixa, MO
Contact: Website

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:09 am

Any word on audio system stuff...will it have something like the Ford Sync? Will you be able to have your iPhone connect with BT?
Evan Fusco
2004 Prius Owner
2006 Highlander Hybrid Owner

Tesla Model S Reservation Holder
Nissan Leaf Reservation Holder

User avatar
Jimmydreams
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175
Location: Oceanside, Ca.
Contact: Website

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:56 pm

efusco wrote:Any word on audio system stuff...will it have something like the Ford Sync? Will you be able to have your iPhone connect with BT?


And sound quality? I don't need a 24" subwoofer at full volume, but I HAVE gotten spoiled with upper-end sound systems...I hope Nissan didn't forget our ears by putting in cheap, tinny speakers with AM sound!!! :o

JimmyD
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

User avatar
LTLFTcomposite
Posts: 4669
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926
Location: Central FL

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:05 pm

Jimmydreams wrote:
efusco wrote:Any word on audio system stuff...will it have something like the Ford Sync? Will you be able to have your iPhone connect with BT?


And sound quality? I don't need a 24" subwoofer at full volume, but I HAVE gotten spoiled with upper-end sound systems...I hope Nissan didn't forget our ears by putting in cheap, tinny speakers with AM sound!!! :o

JimmyD


Jimmy on the subject of audio quality, I've been wondering if the Leaf wouldn't be eerily quiet compared to a gas car. How will reduced background noise affect the listening experience.
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue
2016 SV-adjacent May 2016 lost 4th bar March 2018

User avatar
Jimmydreams
Posts: 1500
Joined: Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:44 pm
Delivery Date: 08 Jan 2011
Leaf Number: 0175
Location: Oceanside, Ca.
Contact: Website

Re: Features you may have missed...

Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:18 pm

LTLFTcomposite wrote:
Jimmydreams wrote:
efusco wrote:Any word on audio system stuff...will it have something like the Ford Sync? Will you be able to have your iPhone connect with BT?


And sound quality? I don't need a 24" subwoofer at full volume, but I HAVE gotten spoiled with upper-end sound systems...I hope Nissan didn't forget our ears by putting in cheap, tinny speakers with AM sound!!! :o

JimmyD


Jimmy on the subject of audio quality, I've been wondering if the Leaf wouldn't be eerily quiet compared to a gas car. How will reduced background noise affect the listening experience.


I'm guessing the quietness will allow a cheaper sound system to sound that much better; the speakers won't have to compete with the engine noise. I'm crossing my fingers that the sound will be as good as I expect/hope!
JimmyD
http://www.jjhamilton.com/solar
Blue SL Leaf delivered 1/7/2011
EVP participant. EVSE: Blink
6.75kW PV solar

Return to “Engineering”