Bob wrote:If you tap directly into the big battery pack, you will be bypassing a lot of safety devices. So if someone has a radio that draws too much energy, it could overheat your big battery pack and do real damage. I don't want to over-react, but in rare cases, Lithium-Ion batteries are known to catch fire when abused.
The nice thing about using an inverter on the 12V system is that you have the inverter's inherent power limiting AND the Leaf's DC/DC converter power limiting to protect you from damaging the big battery.
What type of radio draws more than 100 plus kw? I would not want to be in the same room with anything that draws that much. Any pack-connected device would be fused regardless.