2012 Leas - CV Transmission

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No transmission, just a gearbox/diff, called "reduction gear" in the maintenance scehdule. Takes 1.5 qts of Nissan Matic S fluid. According to the maintenance schedule, it does not have an interval specified to change it, just visual inspection for leaks. It is very "unstressed" lubricant, like a differential, it is not like a transmission.

Hmmmmm . I thought it had a Constant Velocity Transmission ? With a steel band and " cone pulleys " for input and output ?

For reverse , does it just reverse the direction of rotation of the electric motor ?

God bless
Wyr

WyrTwister said:
Hmmmmm . I thought it had a Constant Velocity Transmission ? With a steel band and " cone pulleys " for input and output ?

For reverse , does it just reverse the direction of rotation of the electric motor ?

God bless
Wyr

Electronic systems do not require a transmission to reverse the direction or control speed, large advantage to them

May reality find and free you.
Me

GetOffYourGas said:
WyrTwister said:

That is correct. Most EVs work this way. And for "Neutral", the motor still spins, but no torque is applied.

another way to say that is power is neither added or taken from the motor, as either of these will cause back emf to cause kinetic energy to be extracted from the motor

Back