CAN capture of Charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IskeSoderlund

Hi!
I have been on the forum for a while and I have found some CAN captures of charging that has helped me quite a way to controlling a leaf on board charger.

Now I just need to find the so called "max chargeable power" both on the charger and on the BMS. To be certain what is what I think I need a EV-can capture from about 80% to 100% when the charger turns off. Both so that I can see which values correlate and what messages the BMS sends to the VCM when it's fully charged and it should stop charging.

So I'm wondering if anyone that has a leaf from 2014-2016 would be willing to make an EV-can capture from charging either from 0-100% or just from around 80-100%. It would help me a ton!!!

PS: or if someone has seen a capture on the forum and would like to point me in the direction

IskeSoderlund said:
Hi!
I have been on the forum for a while and I have found some CAN captures of charging that has helped me quite a way to controlling a leaf on board charger.

Now I just need to find the so called "max chargeable power" both on the charger and on the BMS. To be certain what is what I think I need a EV-can capture from about 80% to 100% when the charger turns off. Both so that I can see which values correlate and what messages the BMS sends to the VCM when it's fully charged and it should stop charging.

So I'm wondering if anyone that has a leaf from 2014-2016 would be willing to make an EV-can capture from charging either from 0-100% or just from around 80-100%. It would help me a ton!!!

PS: or if someone has seen a capture on the forum and would like to point me in the direction

Would a can capture from a 2011 Leaf be helpful?
I would very much like to see the Leaf OBC can bus exposed so it can be used on an aftermarket charger for Leafs outside their warranty period. I'm working on getting the complete 2011 OBC CAN protocol http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26040&p=538343#p538343

Maybe, I think there is some difference between the 2011-2012 vs the 2013-2017 models. But if I see that the messages are the same it should work. :)

Hey folks, have you all found anything out about this? I'm looking to use the Leaf charger and converter in a drivetrain swap I'm doing, and I need to know what commands to send the charger and converter to get them to run.

Back