ECO Mode indicator on dash?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Hi,

Maybe I missed this, but does the Leaf have some kind of indicator on the dashboard if in Eco mode or D,P,N,R for that matter? I'm not able to see it in any of the pics or video. I know there is an indicator on the shifter itself, but how about the dash?

trent

trentr said:
Does the Leaf have some kind of indicator on the dashboard if in Eco mode or D,P,N,R for that matter? I'm not able to see it in any of the pics or video.
D/P/N/R is easy, it's in most of the pics I've seen - here's a nice one: http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Nissan-Leaf.jpg - you can see the big "P" below the middle indicator showing that both of the driver's side car doors are open. As for Eco mode, not sure - this article http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/08/04/test-drive-nissan-leaf/ specifically mentions that he didn't happen to notice the indicator for switching into that mode. He gives a nice shot of the car while driving, but if the sequence hasn't been messed with it was before he switched it to Eco mode.

Never noticed this before ...

nissanleafdash1.jpg

Oh, and any thoughts on switching to ECO as part of a maximum regeneration strategy. EG: You're cruising along then see that up ahead you'll have to brake. What about switching to ECO initially instead of applying the brakes? Or is less brake wear the only benefit you'd likely see?

For that matter, what about cruising at a steady speed. Any benefit to doing so under ECO rather than regular?

mwalsh said:
Any guesses on the "Leaf" with a backwards/forwards arrow underneath it? It's seen in one picture in amber/yellow and the other in green. Is it a "ready to move" indicator?

My guess is what I put on another thread: You grow 'trees' by how conservatively you drive, so those arrows could show how well you're driving. If it is green, you'll probably make a tree, and yellow and red probably means you need to improve. :)

LEAF icon:
Perhaps ... Forward arrow for Drive (blue) or ECO (green), Backward arrow for Reverse (blue), and then a double-ended arrow for Park (yellow), Neutral (blue), and Parking Brake on (red)?

Just Guessing.

If you want to see the ECO mode on the dash check the following link of a japanese test drive of the leaf...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x03Bb9LaWBc[/youtube]

"P", "D", and "ECO" appear, all in the same lower, slightly-left position on the screen. Presumably, an "R" appears there as well.

The LEAF icon (with the two-headed arrow under it) did not appear to change.

garygid said:
"P", "D", and "ECO" appear, all in the same lower, slightly-left position on the screen. Presumably, an "R" appears there as well.

The LEAF icon (with the two-headed arrow under it) did not appear to change.

Could the two headed arrow be the blinker indicator?

mwalsh said:
Any guesses on the "Leaf" with a backwards/forwards arrow underneath it? It's seen in one picture in amber/yellow and the other in green. Is it a "ready to move" indicator?

After only 25000 miles on my Ford Escape Hybrid, I just noticed that my dash has the little car symbol with the forwards/backwards arrows. :oops: Mine is green. The dealer says that is the indicator telling you "even though you don't hear an engine, I'm running and ready for movement". When I find the manual, I'll tell you how they explain it, but it's merely an 'on and ready' indicator.

Jimmydreams said:
After only 25000 miles on my Ford Escape Hybrid, I just noticed that my dash has the little car symbol with the forwards/backwards arrows. :oops: Mine is green. The dealer says that is the indicator telling you "even though you don't hear an engine, I'm running and ready for movement". When I find the manual, I'll tell you how they explain it, but it's merely an 'on and ready' indicator.

That's what I think. Thanks Jimmy. If it makes you feel any better, I just last week found an extra light switch for the lights on our upstairs landing that I've never noticed before, and we've been in this house for like 10 years.

Jimmydreams said:
mwalsh said:

Since they are close to the 'tree' maker, I still think they are related because when you drive conservatively/economically green trees are made (up to three) to show that kind of driving, but hard driving, no trees and I think the red arrow will show. The yellow/amber will show when you are beginning to make a tree, then green to show your tree is almost created. Just a guess, but I'm stickin' to it. :)

In the picture where the Leaf is green the shift indicator is N

In the picture where the Leaf is amber the shift indicator is P

We need to see pictures with the shift indicator showing D and R

mwalsh said:

Back