Charge ports Nissan Leaf EU

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krox

It is interesting to know - which charging ports have a European Leaf (until 2017)?Does anyone have a photo of the charging port of the European Leaf?

This photo makes it appear the Leafs in Europe have the same J1772/CHAdeMO setup as used in the US:

imodoka_y_amashanyarazi.jpg

Here's another image straight off the Nissan UK website:

leaf-range-charging-a-faster-way-to-top-up.jpg.ximg.l_12_m.smart.jpg

Hello,

In Europe, it seems like the new (2018) Leaf has a type 2 plug.

http://www.automobile-propre.com/forums/nissan-leaf/salon-de-l-auto-a-bruxelles-t9862-40.html#p142658

I'm wondering how they managed the resistance coding in the charger?
Same part like all before, just a line of code add...

I would like to see a photo of the charging ports of the new European Leaf. We will not have them soon.

krox said:
I would like to see a photo of the charging ports of the new European Leaf. We will not have them soon.
Click the link in the post before yours, it has photos.

Thank you. I see that the port of J1772 was replaced by Mennekes. For cars of the American market, will it be such a life or not?

krox said:
Thank you. I see that the port of J1772 was replaced by Mennekes. For cars of the American market, will it be such a life or not?
I don't think so, as it appears that the Mennekes port was made to be standard in the EU, meaning that all new EVs must use this port or they cannot be sold in the EU. But I could be wrong and if I am there are indeed adapters available to allow them to use J1772 EVSEs.

Back