AeroVironment Home EV Charging Station Receives UL listing

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/AeroVironment-Home-EV-bw-2273809671.html?x=0&.v=1

AeroVironment Home EV Charging Station Receives Underwriters Laboratories Listing

MONROVIA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AeroVironment (AV) (NASDAQ:AVAV - News), a provider of charging solutions for every electric vehicle (EV) owner’s needs, has received Underwriters Laboratories (UL) listing for its EV home charging station (EVSE-RS).
Bissonette added that AV’s home charging station has a number of safety and reliability features that exceed current UL and other Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) standards, including:

•A breakaway cable to ensure that live wires are not exposed if it is separated from the charger
•An integrated charge connector dock for safe stowage of the charge cable to reduce the likelihood of tripping or drive-over damage
•A nonconductive, nonoxidizing NEMA 4 polymeric enclosure designed for long life, attractive appearance and recyclability

Successful testing of the home charging station exceeded industry standards as well, including:

•Extended environmental testing for exposure to sun, dust and freezing conditions
•Load, impact and chemical exposure testing to simulate a residential garage environment
•Cable handling, bending, temperature and cycling testing in ambient environments ranging from simulated Alaska winters to Arizona desert summers

Funny- they have been saying it was approved all along when I asked them.

Back