Quick Charger included on SL?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLN

Hello - newbie here, forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere on the site... When I selected my Leaf model I recall selecting the SL because it included a quick-charge port. Was I misinformed? Was it just quick-charged "ready" and I still have to purchase the quick-charge port? Thanks in advance for showing me the light!

MLN said:
Hello - newbie here, forgive me if this is addressed elsewhere on the site... When I selected my Leaf model I recall selecting the SL because it included a quick-charge port. Was I misinformed? Was it just quick-charged "ready" and I still have to purchase the quick-charge port? Thanks in advance for showing me the light!
Unless you are in the EV project you have to select and pay $700 for the port. If you do not add the port on the car it can NOT be added later say at the dealer.

check out this thread under News & main topics:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1022&start=0

all the info you need on what's standard/optional on the two models. Also look around the forum under L3 charger for discussions on what members think about whether this is a worthwhile option to purchase.

Gonewild said:
MLN said:
If you do not add the port on the car it can NOT be added later say at the dealer.

I have heard this so many times, but it's hard to believe it couldn't be added later; you would think they would be happy to take your $700 later if you didn't select it when you ordered.... I'm suspicious that they just are saying this to get your extra $700 now.... rather than later if you decide you need it when the infrastructure is finally there for L3 charging....

jlaw99 said:
Gonewild said:
MLN said:
If you do not add the port on the car it can NOT be added later say at the dealer.

I have heard this so many times, but it's hard to believe it couldn't be added later; you would think they would be happy to take your $700 later if you didn't select it when you ordered.... I'm suspicious that they just are saying this to get your extra $700 now.... rather than later if you decide you need it when the infrastructure is finally there for L3 charging....

Only the SL will get the wire harness and other parts, it is not as simple as it may seem after the fact.

It probably could be added later, but would likely cost a lot more than $700 due to all the labor involved in disassembling parts of the car to access connections and such.

Regardless, the official word is it cannot be retrofitted - if the quick-charge port is important enough to you, I would not advise calling their bluff on it.

Usually adding later would mean it can be easily done at the dealership. If not, Nissan will say it can't be done later.

That doesn't mean, it is not technically possible - just that it is not designed to be dealer upgradeable.

ps : When we got our house built, each new light point as like $10. Try getting a new fixture added later for that price ...

Back