Who will post vin# of production leaf at the auto show?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timaz

Is the auto show in LA open today? Who will post the vin# of the leaf. I am also curious about impressions of the new electric Toyota rav!

cdub said:
Why are people obsessed with VINs?

Evidentally, per previous posters, insurance companies want the VIN to be able to provide a quote for a car. At least that is one reason I have seen as to why folks want a VIN to play with.

But these are prototypes and not actual production cars - so if you give the insurance people a VIN of an expensive prototype I'm sure the insurance would be quite high?

EDIT - and by prototypes I mean handbuilt - each of these cars were handbuilt according to the Ride and Drive - unless what we're seeing at the LA Autoshow is something that came off of the production line?

The vehicle at the auto show in LA this week is supposed to be a production model.

In addition, the vin# may give us some hints on the sequencing of deliveries should they ever post the expected vin #'s in our dashboards. :))

Timaz said:
The vehicle at the auto show in LA this week is supposed to be a production model.

Yup:

http://nissan-leaf.net/2010/11/08/la-preview-first-us-production-spec-leaf-to-debut-also-a-new-electric-i-miev-honda-toyota-and-maybe-even-a-subaru/

I'm not sure there is any point to posting this - VIN tag indicates an August build date and therefore not a production car, since production only started last month:

LEAF_VIN.jpg

Same "AZOCP" as Test-Drive, but up from #85 to #124.

Engine: EM61 Electric Motor, (CC not applicable)
Axle: GP79 (Group 79?)
Trans: RE1F61A (Transmission)
Trim: K (is this the SL model)

Thanks, Gary

Hah. More misinformation from Nissan PR:
http://twitpic.com/37pjc5

They're clearly calling this a Production Leaf, but it's two months before Job 1. I don't get it.

mwalsh said:
Well, we'll keep 'em honest...one thread at a time! ;)

Makes you wonder if those very limited December deliveries will be actual production cars, or more of these. For December delivery - we're getting within a few weeks of the ship date, aren't we?

Has anyone started to hunt down the ships lined up for pickups at the plant yet?

mwalsh said:
Well, we'll keep 'em honest...one thread at a time! ;)

I intend to ask about this at the LA Auto Show.
Says right on the car, August.. and Job 1 was a public event in October, so....

If everyone does it, maybe they'll feel Busted.

"LEAF-Busters", could be a new program series on TV, similar to Top Gear, but with a strong emphasis on EVs and their care, planning, and use.

The "AV Busted" episode should be hysterical. :D

The "E-Roaming Fears Busted" is an episode I am looking forward to seeing.

The "Pike Peak E-Race", "Death Valley E-Daze", "Charging Station Wipeout", "Begging for E-Fuel", "Bike vs. EV Race", and other episodes should also be entertaining.

(Is this series being planned?)
Do we have enough old pianos to crush the 100 or so Test-LEAFs?

Back