Any body see one of these cards for use at public charging station.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

webeleafowners

Hi folks. Thought this kinda thing might be handy for communicating with other users. Here is a video. Jump to minute 2: 49 to see what I am talking about. It is in french but you don't have to listen to it to see what I am talking about. I checked ebay but don't see anything like it.

By the way, for any other multilingual users, there are some real good review type videos on the new 30 KWH battery models. Real world testing kinda thing. More centred around European driving needs but still valid. Mostly German, French and Spanish.

Here is the video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qj5fznNjYE

I have a card that I can write on with a dry-erase marker. I write the time at which I'll have enough charge. I also have a card that shows my cell phone number.

But the little clock thing is a good idea. Maybe I'll make a card that has a little spinnable hour hand on it.

I printed a page-sized sheet on colored paper that says in large font:

For questions or charging requests, please call Owner 302.xxx.xxxx

I had it laminated and put it on the dash next to the charging lights on the LEAF. I only need a public charger maybe once a week, and have yet to get a call. But then again, there isn't much competition here.

Mine looks like this, but with my cell number printed in:

chq0KUU.jpg

I once got a call from another LEAF owner. I headed back the car and let him charge. Nice guy.

DaveinOlyWA said:
I use the expensive high tech method (from Dollar Store)

That will work. I'll pop into the dollar store or walmart and see what I can find. I sometimes opportunity charge at a mall. There are four spot so generally not a problem but it would be nice to be able to leave a note for someone on the charger that they can unplug me or text me to come and move the car. It is not a very busy spot.

I have a PlugShare sticker on my driver's side rear door window. I prefer to encourage people to use PlugShare. However, I also go unplug and move my car when it is charged.
https://www.stickermule.com/marketplace/5462-plugshare-check-in-sticker?src=GSHP&cid=183836047&gclid=CPDlyJXB8dACFQULaQodBWUDtA

Back