Leaf 2016 Does not accept charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joshuac0711

I need help!, yesterday I connect my leaf to charge it using and L2 charger EV, when I plug the J1772 connector the charger starts but after 2 minutes the car stop charging, I try with a 110 Volts charger and the same, Starts ok but after 2 minutes the car stop charging, what can i do? :?:

I do but all the timers are off, i try to connect on another chargers and everything it's the same, 2 minutes after I connect it the car stops the charge and then when I start it a check engine light is on, I try to disconnect the battery And not works too,

What can I do?

Joshuac0711 said:
I do but all the timers are off, i try to connect on another chargers and everything it's the same, 2 minutes after I connect it the car stops the charge and then when I start it a check engine light is on, I try to disconnect the battery And not works too,

What can I do?
Is this a 2016 Leaf? need more info. if it is, why not just take it to the dealer and check on thier L2 EVSE
BTW you only need post one thread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=23247

I take to the dealer and after the charges stops the following codes appear
P3177
P3171
P3170
P316C and
B29C1

Y try on 4 diferent chargers and alwyas its the same

What can i do?

Joshuac0711 said:
P3177
P3171
P3170
P316C and
B26C1

Y try on 4 diferent chrgers and alwyas its the same

What can i do?
On page EVC 275 of the 2013 manual :
"If DTC 3177 is displayed with P316c...P3171...and P3170" the causes are listed charging system, traction motor system,EVSE, quick charger or external input.
It gets into consult verification's and procedures after that, but at least you can advise the tech of this.
The B26C code I didn't find, but a copy of the service manual (especially the 2016 one) is probably a good investment which I intend to make sooner than later.

Joshuac0711 said:
P3177
P3171
P3170
P316C and
B26C1

Y try on 4 different chargers and always its the same

What can i do?
Have the dealer fix the car??? Just a thought.

HI @ElectricEddy , the correct code is B29C1 instead B26C1, my error, the main problem is that I import this car to Guatemala and the local Dealer does not have an authorized tech that knows the car... I appreciate if you can hel me in give me steps to solve this issue,

Best Regards,

https://ralphmc.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/2103-leaf-does-not-charge-to-full-and-throws-dtc-codes/

This has happened before. Take it to the dealer as it is under warranty.
If your EVSE doesn't work and portable OEM EVSE does then might be compatibility problems.
Or grounding problem. Leaking current.
Take it to the dealer for warranty fix.

I had a problem with my 2013 Leaf last year, I could not charge it, I had tried Level 1, Level 2, and even Level 3 DC quick charge, it just would not charge. I had to have the car toll to a Nissan dealer. The PDU module was broken, it was replaced under warranty. However, in my case, the car just won't take charge at all. In your case, the car will start charging then stop, so i don't know if this is the same problem as my.

If you search the Seattle Nissan Leaf page, I think there is also another person with the 16' Leaf that had a similar problem.

Back