Easy identifier of replaced main battery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maui314

Feel free to redirect me, but I did not find a result for this.
Is there a way to know WITHOUT plugging into the car if the main battery has been replaced? This would be if I were trying to buy a used car that I could not personally lug into. Any visual cues?

Maui314 said:
Feel free to redirect me, but I did not find a result for this.
Is there a way to know WITHOUT plugging into the car if the main battery has been replaced? This would be if I were trying to buy a used car that I could not personally lug into. Any visual cues?

Not unless they can produce the paperwork with the part number...that matches the car's VIN.
The reverse is true as well: there's no way you can prove an "original" main battery WITHOUT plugging in...even if the car shows 12 bars (could have had a BMS reset).
The morale of the story is: if you want to buy a used a Leaf with some degree of confidence, invest in some sort of GID meter (they're no where near as costly as they were back when I got mine).

Thanks- Next step, anyone got a nice link to this test item, and will it work with an i-phone?

Back