Battery Warmer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCON

Hello LEAF drivers,
I have a question about the battery warmer in the Nissan Leaf. The manual says to leave the car connected to a power source if the Temp drops below -1 F. What is the best way to do this without actively charging the car? I have a 2015 LEAF S without Nav system.

So far I've been doing this by setting a short timed charge and leaving it on the trickle charger over night once it has stopped charging. Last night I did this, I checked that the car had stopped charging according to the timer, it had. This mourning I came out to the car to find it charging, with indicator lights reading 2 solid one blinking. It was my understanding that the battery warmer indicator light was the same as the 12v battery charging light; just indicator light #3 blinking, is that correct?

Can someone please help me out by offering advise on how to best leave the car connected to a power source to run he battery warmer, if necessary. And is the battery warmer indicator light light #3 blinking?

Also on another note any idea why my charging timer seemed to click back on last night? Very strange.

Thanks,

-JCON

If you won't be leaving it uncharging (?) in frigid weather for more than two days, you don't have to keep it connected. Just charge it to near 100% or even fully 100%, and the car will power the battery warmer. It uses up to 30% charge per day (but usually more like half that) and stops warming the battery when the charge level reaches 30%. Mine is sitting out there in the frigid wind with only a 12 volt battery maintainer connected, and I'm not worried, having charged it to 100% last night.

Back