LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 31 May 2013

Re: Three flashing blue lights, 3 beeps.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:57 pm

IIRC, the clunk occurs when I pull the handle out, not when I press the release catch. Pressing the catch doesn't break the connection: that happens when the pilot signal contact is broken by the plug being physically removed.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

ebeighe
Delivery Date: 27 Jul 2017
Leaf Number: 308422

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:10 pm

cwerdna wrote:
ebeighe wrote:... I've found that on properly working EVSEs (like Chargepoint CT4000 at work), if I press and hold the trigger for several seconds while the car is charging, that will trigger the beep-beep-beep...pause... beep-beep-beep... pause sequence w/the 3 blue lights flashing in unison and synchronized w/the beeping...

ah, i just realized this; and realized it was already mentioned on this thread, but i somehow missed it or just forgot; thanks cwerdna.

After ~ 3 seconds after the handle button is depressed, the car starts this triple beeping / triple blinking repeatedly as long as the handle remains inserted. (I don't see this in the Nissan documentation, or did I miss it?)
So in normal un-plugging operation, you'd push the button and pull out the handle all in one smooth motion. My trouble is my handle is "sticky" and possibly getting worse, so I'd press the button, start pulling, and need to reset my grip and plant my feet firmly in order to get some more leverage to pull out the handle... apparently it is now taking me 3 seconds to do so, triggering the beeping/flashing.
"Brilliant Silver" 2017 S built 04/17, delivered 7/27/2017

GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:03 am

ebeighe wrote:
cwerdna wrote:
ebeighe wrote:... I've found that on properly working EVSEs (like Chargepoint CT4000 at work), if I press and hold the trigger for several seconds while the car is charging, that will trigger the beep-beep-beep...pause... beep-beep-beep... pause sequence w/the 3 blue lights flashing in unison and synchronized w/the beeping...

ah, i just realized this; and realized it was already mentioned on this thread, but i somehow missed it or just forgot; thanks cwerdna.

After ~ 3 seconds after the handle button is depressed, the car starts this triple beeping / triple blinking repeatedly as long as the handle remains inserted. (I don't see this in the Nissan documentation, or did I miss it?)
So in normal un-plugging operation, you'd push the button and pull out the handle all in one smooth motion. My trouble is my handle is "sticky" and possibly getting worse, so I'd press the button, start pulling, and need to reset my grip and plant my feet firmly in order to get some more leverage to pull out the handle... apparently it is now taking me 3 seconds to do so, triggering the beeping/flashing.

If you have not already replaced the handle, put a little silicone grease (safe for plastic) on all of the surfaces that slip into the car's connector. Also apply to the power and control connections. You can also apply to the car's connector, if desired. The connector on my AeroVironment unit was getting progressively harder to plug/unplug after several years of daily use so I purchased a tube of food grade (safe for food preparation equipment) silicone grease and lubricated the connectors. It then felt like new. One grease treatment lasts a long time. I also use the same grease to lubricate the latch on the charge port door. The grease was too thick to lubricate the pivot points on the charge port door so I purchased some silicone oil at a hobby shop along with a plastic syringe to lubricate all of those pivot points. The charge port door on the 2015 was always difficult to close until I lubricated the pivot points--it now operates easily like the one on the 2011 did.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

ebeighe
Delivery Date: 27 Jul 2017
Leaf Number: 308422

Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:05 pm

GerryAZ wrote:If you have not already replaced the handle, put a little silicone grease (safe for plastic) on all of the surfaces that slip into the car's connector. Also apply to the power and control connections....

Thanks GerryAZ, that was going to be my next step, but quickchargepower had me RMA the handle assembly back to them for service and now works well -- i guess they replaced the metal prongs, because it's the same handle(?)
"Brilliant Silver" 2017 S built 04/17, delivered 7/27/2017

Return to “Batteries & Charging”