Flow battery to a new level?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marktm

Leaf Supporting Member
Interesting and exciting claims being made:

https://mediacenter.nanoflowcell.co...-for-market/a400b36f32da3990ec05f64f8392976b/

Will this technology beat out conventional lithium based batteries for transportation? Totally discounts the hydrogen "fuel" route. The insinuation is that there is an actual proof of concept sports vehicle that challenges anything Tesla can produce. All this at a 48 VDC level - amazing!! :idea: :?:

Marktm said:
Interesting and exciting claims being made:
All this at a 48 VDC level - amazing!! :idea: :?:

48 Volts means fairly low power.There are safety advantages, however, to staying below 60 Volts, making regulation and certification easier. Everything from electric boats to lawnmowers.

Challenge Tesla? Not on 0-60 times. With the same size wires, 480 Volts can generate ten times the power. Porsche has gone to 800+ Volts, and other performance cars are likely to follow.

Lack of verifiable details suggests caution before sending money for anything.

Agreed that it will require a new design concept for bus design at 48 VDC. I wonder if they have an integrated "battery"/motor design that uses the bus for structural/electrical functions? "Devil in details", but no details provided :mrgreen:

Some EV chargers are already using 800 VDC components in their chargers - betting on the high voltage routes?

Back