LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Re: Rapidgate fixed in Europe

Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:52 pm

OK, I think we've established the details of this particular disagreement. I don't think that OrientExpress is going to stop defending Nissan, and TexasLeaf isn't going to start believing that he "didn't do his homework" so some of you may want to consider filtering each other. Just click on the username profile, and then click on "add Foe."
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

WetEV
Delivery Date: 16 Feb 2014

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:01 pm

OrientExpress wrote:Always do your homework first, and buy the right tool for the job.

Let people know what the limits of tools are. This is a request.

The LEAF is a fine car for around town, and for shorter trips. One QC needed? No problem, unless you live in Phoenix or similar. Two or three, maybe in a cooler place. Or in winter.

The LEAF is not a road trip car, unless you are not in a hurry.

The more people that know that, the fewer unhappy customers Nissan will have.

Happy customers pay dividends in the future. Not so unhappy customers.
WetEV
Most everything around here is wet during the rainy season. And the rainy season is long.
2012 Leaf SL Red (Totaled)
2014 Leaf SL Red

OrientExpress
Forum Supporter
Delivery Date: 10 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2331

Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:22 pm

WetEV wrote:Let people know what the limits of tools are. This is a request.

Happy customers pay dividends in the future. Not so unhappy customers.

I agree, and continue to try to drive that point home every time the chance presents it. The challenge of course is that my reach is limited, and as with just about every retail product sold today that involves a sales person, the limitations of a product are not always conveyed, and the consumer will assume a capability or does not even consider what they will be using the product for until they are actually using it. We have all been there. For BEVs, at this point in time IMO there are none on the market today that are capable of being a 1:1 analog for an ICE vehicle, especially for long distance travel. They are fine for round trips under 300 or so miles, but beyond that, they are simply not there yet.
2018 LEAF SL
Gun Metalic
Delivery April 10 2018

Prior LEAF:
2014 LEAF SV
Ocean Blue
Delivery May 23 2014
50,000+ miles - all 12 bars - Same range as new - No warranty issues ever!

Return to “Batteries & Charging”