>> http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... 77#p541248
Point of fact, you should be charging to 100% roughly once a week, just don't let it sit for too long at a high state of charge - drive it.
I'm wondering what "best practice" is for how often to "cell balance" with relatively newer Leafs from 2015 to the present, including those with Lizard batteries.
I've read the lengthy thread "Cell Balancing 101" http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.p ... ll+balance
but that's an older thread from 2011 - 2012.
I've been "cell balancing" my 2015 'S' about monthly. 40k miles, about 14,000 miles per year. 2 or 3+ L2 charges per week (typically to about 85% to 90%). 12 health bars remaining.
I use the ChargePoint L2 station and their smart-phone app for cell balancing. That app provides a handy graph of kW/hr rate delivered every 5 minutes.
I can observe the charge rate ...
- being about 6.5+ kW/hr under 90% SOC
- dropping off gradually to 3 kW/hr or less at about 95% SOC,
- then zero charge rate at 100% SOC, I interpret that as "unbalanced 100% SOC"
- then three or so cycles of low charging rate to no charging
- I interpret that as "cell balancing".
- That takes 3 to 4 hours, depending on the starting SOC.