350Green Takes on Electric Vehicle Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.greentechmedia.com/articles/read/350-green/

The biggest transition in the 100-year history of the auto industry will happen in the next 24 months.

Unlike startup Coulomb, which seeks to sell the charging station to a "host," 350Green's business plan has the company itself owning and operating the equipment at the grocery stores, malls, and other places where people park on a regular basis. The startup installs and maintains the equipment, reducing some of the risk for the property owner, who would receive a five-percent revenue share after break-even. Coulomb has a bit of a head start, but it's still very early days in this market.
350Green is a partner in the eTec $99.8 million DOE grant to electrify the EV infrastructure in San Diego, Portland, Seattle, Phoenix/Tucson, and Nashville, and is "working closely with Nissan," according to the CEO. They aspire to build 358 charging stations over the next four years.

Never heard of them before.

http://350green.com/

Guilty as charged: I update the news page and forgot about everything else. The absence of the equipment description is due to 350Green being the owner/operator instead of a manufacturer, as of now we are equipment agnostic. There are a lot of players coming to this market, and one thing for sure there will be more start-ups you never heard of. It's not a bad thing: the more the merrier, some will fall out other will stick around.
350Green

garygid said:
Their web site appears to me to be at least 6 months out of date, with no actual products listed.

It does indeed.

I am watching for investment opportunities (stock buys) for entry level EV support companies, so I sent them an email about exactly that. I received a reply (it was yesterday evening) from the CEO almost immediately. (it seems they're looking for investors with millions to spend), but the people involved seem attentive. Beyond that, it's mere speculation.

Back