The Coulomb CT 500 for Condos?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you looking for a personal or public charge point?

There's not likely to be any experience with this outside of the manufacturer as this is a new EVSE that's likely still in UL testing.

Taka, I cannot imagine any HOA installing chargers. The cost/return simply isn't there. So I do not think the Charge-Points will be a good option.

For simpler HOAs (like mine where I have my own garage), it isn't nearly as much of an issue.

For those who are in a parking garage type environment (condos downtown) I bet getting chargers is going to be an uphill battle for quite some time. Since there is no electrical service there that you are being individually billed for, running the electrical is going to be a nightmare.

Until a majority of the members of the HOA have EVs then providing charging for the few is "unfair" if all members are paying for it. And handling compensation to the HOA for electricity from communal 120V outlets is going to be a nightmare, too. The HOA Management companies are not going to handle that extra billing for free.

Day, thank you for your replay. I’m not looking for the HOA to install the charger or pay for my electricity. I’m looking for a way to have a separate meter too or on the charger so I could reimburse the HOA every month’s for it.

Does your condo have an assigned parking spot? Easier if it does.

Talk it over with a HOA member who is also interested in Hybrid (maybe has a Prius) and EVs. Maybe like this:

Start with "How do you like your Prius?", then, "What would you do with the new plugin Prius?".

Say you are also interested in conservation, and offer to brainstorm the "What if he gets a plugin Prius?" situation.

Back