Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just logged into my Leaf account on Nissan websites and it says:

You're approved for the free home charger - see details

Details:

"Congratulations! you've been approved for your home charging dock and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. you will be contacted by ECOtality in the near future to discuss the next steps. installation of your home charging dock will be scheduled approximately a month before delivery of your Nissan LEAF™. thank you for choosing to be part of the gasoline-free future."

mwalsh said:
Mine says "Screw you. You live in Orange County and we only care about San Diego and Los Angeles." :?

LOL. It might be an Easter Egg - if you press control-caps lock - tab - home you may get this message ;)

Carlos,

I just received an email from Nissan telling me there was an update to my reservation and when I clicked on the link, it took me to my profile and I saw that I was approved for the charger. The same message you received.

My notation on my log in at Nissan site said same as drees....additional information is needed to determine if you meet the criteria, etc.....
So I am still in the running! Maybe it is because I said I don't have a smart phone on my survey. Hey, I will get a smart phone! I am in Los Angeles, CA

Kataphn said:
Maybe it is because I said I don't have a smart phone on my survey. Hey, I will get a smart phone! I am in Los Angeles, CA

I don't have a smart phone either ... (did they even ask about it ?).

I don't have a smart phone either ... (did they even ask about it ?).

As I recall, they did ask about this on the survey. I remember thinking afterwards...Damn, I should have said yes to that one. We live in single family home 1940 vintage with detached garage which is used for storage. Charging would be outside....maybe that was the hitch...who knows? Like trying to read tea leaves...

Kataphn said:
We live in single family home 1940 vintage ...

That is the reason they want to check. What is your panel rating ?

My house is 2005 built, with a 200A panel and plenty of open slots.

That is the reason they want to check. What is your panel rating ?

My house is 2005 built, with a 200A panel and plenty of open slots.

I believe it is 100 amp service. We had the house completed rewired and upgraded when we bought it in 1992. There are extra slots.

I logged into my Nissan page just now to check if I too had an update on the status of my survey and found this comment;

you may still meet the criteria for the free home charger - see details So I hovered over the see details link to find this comment; additional information is still needed to determine if you meet the criteria... ECOtality will contact you in the next few weeks to review your survey responses…

I wonder if it has anything to do with me answering the survey honestly. My panel is on the extreme opposite side of the house from my garage, my main breaker is too small, my panel is already full and my house has aluminum wiring. SCORE! I think I have all the bad stuff going on. I’m just lucky that way.

Kataphn said:
I believe it is 100 amp service. We had the house completed rewired and upgraded when we bought it in 1992. There are extra slots.

I think they just want to assess and make sure since it is an old house.

#^%#$, I got the "you may still qualify" message, too.

I had a TAL charger in the garage for my RAV4-EV and a separate panel and TOU meter just for that.

Oh well... :cry:

mxp said:
To those who sign up on ECOtality / EV Project website or that "Free Charger Study Group", has anyone received any notification yet?

I assume the EV Project and the "Free Charger Study Group" referenced in some of this forums is really talking about the same free charger incentive right?

So, who has been selected for a free charger so far?

Nothing yet, but I signed up on the EV Project's website way before April 20th, the day I put down a deposit on the LEAF. I have 200A service, a garage, etc., but no email from them and no notice on the Nissan website.

Great! I received: "you're approved for the free home charger - see details" today.

I needed some good news today. Our African grey parrot had a reaction to carpet cleaning fumes yesterday and is at the vet in Parrot ICU. She has been with us for 16 years and we hope and pray she pulls through. After one day in an oxygen chamber, IV, tests, xrays, antibiotics, etc. -- we're up to $1000. With another day or two there, it will cost as much as an EVSE and I was wondering if I might need to put our LEAF purchase on hold.

Parrot lovers, please send positive thoughts and prayers for Pepper's recovery. Thanks.

Azrich said:
Great! I received: "you're approved for the free home charger - see details" today.

I needed some good news today. Our African grey parrot had a reaction to carpet cleaning fumes yesterday and is at the vet in Parrot ICU. She has been with us for 16 years and we hope and pray she pulls through. After one day in an oxygen chamber, IV, tests, xrays, antibiotics, etc. -- we're up to $1000. With another day or two there, it will cost as much as an EVSE and I was wondering if I might need to put our LEAF purchase on hold.

Parrot lovers, please send positive thoughts and prayers for Pepper's recovery. Thanks.

I also have an African Grey (28 yrs. in Oct.) so I can understand what you're going through. I wish Pepper a full recovery. :)

Just received an email from Nissan outlining my approval....

You're approved for the EV project!

Congratulations! you've been approved for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. you will be contacted by ECOtality in the near future to discuss the next steps and approximately a month before delivery of your Nissan LEAF™ to schedule the installation of your home charging dock. thank you for choosing to be part of the gasoline-free future.

Anyone posting with approved/needs-further-evaluation info - what are the basic details of your main service panel (Panel rating, number of open slots)

I am on the needs-further-evaluation list - have a 100A service panel and no open slots.

ECOtality is unable to approve your participation in the U.S. government's EV Project for your home charging unit and installation.

of course, that doesn't mean that you still can't enjoy the benefits of driving electric. you may still be eligible for the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit - an income tax credit equal to 50% of the cost of electric vehicle recharging equipment (capped at $2,000 for individuals).* as soon as possible, continue the home charging process by contacting AeroVironment to set up a home assessment appointment.

Sigh...not surprising as I live in Albuquerque and not a roll out area (and my daughter who is also in line is in Mesa, AZ, but lives in an Apt...so she is out too)...but my home in New Mexico could be a good "ancillary" test location. Heck, attached garage, 200 amp new panel, subpanel with space in the garage (so easy peasy set up) and solar on the roof with broadband router sending constant status updates to the internet...and the car will be a low mileage daily commuter...a dream set up for ECOtality...

Oh well, there are so many benefits to living in New Mexico, I guess I have to accept the down side as well.

Now the question is...do I set up with AeroVironment, or do I wait and see if the prices drop come October with all the competition that is being announced?

Gavin

ps...Azrich, good luck with your parrot...African Greys are so beautiful, so smart. A few years ago while hiking on the mountain our dog was bit by a rattlesnake...that was a crazy 3 mile run back to the car...3000 dollars later and she is healthy and happy and the most expensive pound puppy we ever had :)

WOO HOO eTec survey results

I have been approved for the FREE charger.
I do not know how to post the image but I have been approved.

James, congratulations!
you've been approved for your home charging unit and installation as part of the U.S. government's EV Project. you will be contacted by ECOtality in the near future to discuss the next steps and approximately a month before delivery of your Nissan LEAF™ to schedule the installation of your home charging dock. thank you for choosing to be part of the gasoline-free future.

Back