Phoenix metro-area

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So with the understanding that any blue A/F plate can use the HOV lane (ignoring the fact that it seems the benefits expired july 1st) how does this apply to us as the plates are no longer available? I tried to get one for our hybrid F450, but even with a prius, they are not available as they were limited to 10k. Any word on bringing them back? As I understand it, LEAFs will be stuck in the HC Lane. (as in Hydrocarbon :) )

Just ask Leaffan, he helped me figure out the Alternate Fuel plate situation. We don’t want to open the plates back up to more hybrids. It was a benefit offered to a limited number of early adopters. The Leaf qualifies as alternate fuel and we will be able to get the plate, and car pool lane access even when driving as a single occupant. The Leaf as you know is battery only and is truly an alternate fuel vehicle.

I got it now. The MVD site does little to make it clear that the hybrids are not considered A/F vehicles and don't qualify for a "regular" A/F plate, but only the limited edition plate with sticker, and that the sticker is the part thats limited edition, not the plate itself.... especially when you have these two sentences in the same paragraph:

"The Energy Efficient license plate is no longer available."
"Standard Energy Efficient plates may be ordered online through ServiceArizona"

Clear as mud.

So the leaf qualifies for the "standard" A/F plate. Cool. Thanks.

Such a quiet board so far this month.

Does anyone have any updates for those approved for the EV Project home charging unit and installation?
I have a friend up in the cool pines who is not in the EV Project but has already had his home inspection for the purchased charging unit.
Might be a good business model to go after the money deals before the Govt-Programs.

The California boards seem to be busy pricing and closing deals with the dealers. I guess life really moves faster west of the Colorado river.

Cheers (it's Friday)

I've been following this thread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=692&start=100 but nothing seems to be happening in phx yet. Did you get the "checkbox" email? I haven't heard anything since July 30th when I got it.

turbo2ltr said:
I've been following this thread http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=692&start=100 but nothing seems to be happening in phx yet. Did you get the "checkbox" email? I haven't heard anything since July 30th when I got it.

Checkbox Email?????? :shock:

Which one was this?

I did the EV Survey and was selected awhile ago, nothing since. Choose a Dealer on the Nissanusa sight as well but nothing else.

Carlos said:
Such a quiet board so far this month.

Does anyone have any updates for those approved for the EV Project home charging unit and installation?
I have a friend up in the cool pines who is not in the EV Project but has already had his home inspection for the purchased charging unit.
Might be a good business model to go after the money deals before the Govt-Programs.

The California boards seem to be busy pricing and closing deals with the dealers. I guess life really moves faster west of the Colorado river.

Cheers (it's Friday)

I'm still waiting to hear from the EV Project. I talked to Bob, and he said I would most likely qualify, but nothing official yet. There was a glitch on the EV Project's website and they never received my etec questionnaire, so I had to do another one. Maybe that's why I received a Sept. order date instead of Aug. I replied within five mins. of the email (Apr.20, 3:00PM).

I totally forgot to post but ECOtality called me yesterday to tell me they got my info and they haven't forgotten about me and I should expect a call from a subcontractor to assess my home and "verify the information you gave us" in the next couple weeks.

turbo2ltr said:
I totally forgot to post but ECOtality called me yesterday to tell me they got my info and they haven't forgotten about me and I should expect a call from a subcontractor to assess my home and "verify the information you gave us" in the next couple weeks.

I'm still waiting...I was told I was approved (via phone), but Nissan, for whatever reason, doesn't have that information.

turbo2ltr said:

Turbo,
Are you one of the few chosen for the Govt. charging program?

And how could you just "forget" to post local news like that.

Congrats

lol, they called when I was in the middle of some deep thought.. :)

And yes, I have been approved for the free charger through the EVProject.

Ok, so they have delayed the ordering process to August 31st for the lucky folks at the front of the line. Those standing behind, want to make the purchase/lease process as painless as possible.

Which dealers are offering discounts to MSRP in the Phoenix Metro area and who has had positive contact with any dealer they would like to share?

I have contacted both Riverview Nissan and Avondale Nissan, both A+ rated by the BBB. No pricing yet but will ask today.

If there are any DEALERS in the forum it's time to start selling your best offer to us in the Phoenix Metro thread.

So far Avondale is just giving excuses as to why they are holding to MSRP. I have just sent my pricing reasoning response. With purchasing it out of state and having it shipped (even just inside AZ and pick it up from there - I have a trailer) I can save on the city sales tax and only pay AZ state sales tax. Total savings with one of the current CA dealer offers is over $2k already.

If the timing were right the dealer could possbily get the first car in AZ... at least from one of us. So with that, they need to offer us something to make it worth our while and not go out of state. That first car could be me as I have an August date (will be Tuesday).

Carlos said:
Ok, so they have delayed the ordering process to August 31st for the lucky folks at the front of the line. Those standing behind, want to make the purchase/lease process as painless as possible.

Which dealers are offering discounts to MSRP in the Phoenix Metro area and who has had positive contact with any dealer they would like to share?

I have contacted both Riverview Nissan and Avondale Nissan, both A+ rated by the BBB. No pricing yet but will ask today.

If there are any DEALERS in the forum it's time to start selling your best offer to us in the Phoenix Metro thread.

Carlos, I'm buying out of state too if none of our Phoenix area dealers match the $1000 off or $100 below invoice. I'm leasing, so it will be about a $1600 savings for me. I asked Avondale too (email), and received no response.

Spoke with Riverview and Avondale today and it sounds to me that a low volume unique vehicle model (Leaf) won't improve the dealers bottom line in the short term.

Nothing specific as far as what MSRP really will be when they begin selling. (I'm not sure if NISSAN USA MSRP is final yet) Both dealers mentioned that the dealership will have to invest in Leaf support with vehicle fast chargers and special tools for service department. blah blah blah..... It's a tough call to ask a sales force that works on the 30 days and what have we sold mentality to change overnight.

It sounds like the Ca. dealers are looking to get a fair share of business so discounting MSRP may be a sales strategy. Arizona Phoenix/Tucson markets are here only to support the hot weather consumer testing for the first generation Leaf imo. Since no one has actually signed on the dotted line no real world pricing is out there other than the Nissan stated MSRP & Lease info. My best guess is you'd be lucky to get one at MSRP for the first deliveries.

If you are looking at buying and shipping somewhere else I'd dig deep and research what "specialty" dealer tools or infrastructure are required if something breaks, recalled or needs replacing. Local dealer support might be very important for the first few years. There may be some risk in buying and moving off the grid.

I'm not in the first group so I'd be interested to hear how the August orders get priced.

Carlos

Carlos said:
Spoke with Riverview and Avondale today and it sounds to me that a low volume unique vehicle model (Leaf) won't improve the dealers bottom line in the short term.

Nothing specific as far as what MSRP really will be when they begin selling. (I'm not sure if NISSAN USA MSRP is final yet) Both dealers mentioned that the dealership will have to invest in Leaf support with vehicle fast chargers and special tools for service department. blah blah blah..... It's a tough call to ask a sales force that works on the 30 days and what have we sold mentality to change overnight.

It sounds like the Ca. dealers are looking to get a fair share of business so discounting MSRP may be a sales strategy. Arizona Phoenix/Tucson markets are here only to support the hot weather consumer testing for the first generation Leaf imo. Since no one has actually signed on the dotted line no real world pricing is out there other than the Nissan stated MSRP & Lease info. My best guess is you'd be lucky to get one at MSRP for the first deliveries.

If you are looking at buying and shipping somewhere else I'd dig deep and research what "specialty" dealer tools or infrastructure are required if something breaks, recalled or needs replacing. Local dealer support might be very important for the first few years. There may be some risk in buying and moving off the grid.

I'm not in the first group so I'd be interested to hear how the August orders get priced.

Carlos

We had the discussion about 'local service' earlier. Any Nissan dealer close to me will work on the car, so I'm not worried about that. And they won't blame me if I can save $1600 on a car that they can't or won't match. :)

Carlos[/quote]

We had the discussion about 'local service' earlier. Any Nissan dealer close to me will work on the car, so I'm not worried about that. And they won't blame me if I can save $1600 on a car that they can't or won't match. :)[/quote]

Leaffan,
Are you in the August or September order queue? I can definitely take a day or two off to save $1,600.
Where are you looking to purchase out of state, Ca?

It just burns my chaps doing business in California.

Back