Canada- Reservations

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bradner said:
But after reading all the threads here the past day, I am a bit confused. My next step at the website is to get a home assessment but I see everyone is getting a waiver. I can't seem to find how/why you guys are doing that -- should I?
I took the EVSE Upgrade road too. Some details here: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=136689#p136689" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Summary: 432$ US plus some $ to ship my EVSE will get me a 120/240v portable EVSE (incl. no 'downtime'; I'll receive an upgraded EVSE before shipping back mine.)

bradner said:
My wife is a bit nervous (and myself a bit perturbed because no rebate news from BC) because she doesn't want to buy the car without BC giving a rebate like ONT and QC is and thinks I should cancel and wait for that.
What should be my next steps? Call the 1-800 # to ask for a waiver for the home assessment?
You should go through the steps until you reach the Request a Quote (RAQ) step. At that point, you can wait until BC starts offering a rebate, and then RAQ.
Requesting the waiver will allow you to skip the home assessment step for now; you'll always be able to go back and get one if you'd like.

Statik said:
ElectricAvenue said:
I filled it out within an hour. It now says "waiting for price".
Of interest:

I had a conference call today with Nissa's Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, and Senior Manager, Chief Marketing Mgmt.

Lots of good information today. Very forthcoming/helpful (as Nissan usually is), but specifically of interest to this thread is they confirmed they still have some 2011 MY inventory waiting to be merried up to customers.

You should double check with your dealer. HQ specifically said there has been some miscommunication/confusion with dealership managers believing 2011 inventory was tapped out and now talking 2012s in lieu...apparently because of the 'missed opportunity'/special offer deal sent out to those who didn't get to reserve the car...so you may still have a shot fellas.

Random factoid: there was aprox 12,000 people eligible to attempt to reserve a MY 2011 (within 65 miles of a dealership) out of 16,000 hand raisers in Canada...so if you got to RAQ at all, you were very fortunate

If anyone has any specific questions or wants some help/advice with the process on the 2011s, feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here, I might be able to help out.

I'm curious as to why they had to take some of the 2011 stock. Do some other customers have higher priority than the general public? Who did these cars go to?

Also, what is this "'missed opportunity'/special offer deal" about?

Edit: Called the dealer back again, and they said the manager had a conference call with Nissan this morning. The dealer is still insisting:

• -All the 2011s are all allotted
    -A transaction ID under 40/taking your $100 does not guarantee getting one of the 40
    -Some significant number of the 40 are destined for Hydro/other business customers
    -About 100 reservations / reservation fees were collected during the August reservations
    -The next wave for 2012 opens up on October 22

Not sure how accurate any of this info is.

They also mentioned that if you didn't get in on the 40, you'd get an offer (V-something) for deals on other Nissan products, which I haven't gotten.

David

tesla500 said:
Statik said:
ElectricAvenue said:
I filled it out within an hour. It now says "waiting for price".
Of interest:

I had a conference call today with Nissa's Senior Manager of Corporate Communications, and Senior Manager, Chief Marketing Mgmt.

Lots of good information today. Very forthcoming/helpful (as Nissan usually is), but specifically of interest to this thread is they confirmed they still have some 2011 MY inventory waiting to be merried up to customers.

You should double check with your dealer. HQ specifically said there has been some miscommunication/confusion with dealership managers believing 2011 inventory was tapped out and now talking 2012s in lieu...apparently because of the 'missed opportunity'/special offer deal sent out to those who didn't get to reserve the car...so you may still have a shot fellas.

Random factoid: there was aprox 12,000 people eligible to attempt to reserve a MY 2011 (within 65 miles of a dealership) out of 16,000 hand raisers in Canada...so if you got to RAQ at all, you were very fortunate

If anyone has any specific questions or wants some help/advice with the process on the 2011s, feel free to shoot me a PM or ask here, I might be able to help out.

I'm curious as to why they had to take some of the 2011 stock. Do some other customers have higher priority than the general public? Who did these cars go to?

Also, what is this "'missed opportunity'/special offer deal" about?

Edit: Called the dealer back again, and they said the manager had a conference call with Nissan this morning. The dealer is still insisting:

• -All the 2011s are all allotted
    -A transaction ID under 40/taking your $100 does not guarantee getting one of the 40
    -Some significant number of the 40 are destined for Hydro/other business customers
    -About 100 reservations / reservation fees were collected during the August reservations
    -The next wave for 2012 opens up on October 22

Not sure how accurate any of this info is.

They also mentioned that if you didn't get in on the 40, you'd get an offer (V-something) for deals on other Nissan products, which I haven't gotten.

David

Hi David,

The 'missed opportunity' is the same as the 'special offer' and apparently set off some mis- communication. Indeed they did have reservations over transaction 40, but it has not been 100% follow through on orders from reservations, according to the senior manager, it has been more like 20-25%.

Random thing/update on deliveries to date: In the month of September Nissan dropped 16 corporate LEAFs and 1 customer car, after delivering 25 in August.

If you are interested in getting a 2011, shoot me a PM and I think I can probably help you out.

I got an update on the delivery of my LEAF from the dealership this morning.

The car is now on Train. On the "My Account" web site it still says Port of Vancouver.

rlav said:

The car is now on Train. On the "My Account" web site it still says Port of Vancouver.
Weird. Mine is also heading for Montreal, and has been "at rail" in the web portal since last Wednesday I think. Dealer didn't contact me, but Nissan Canada did. Apparently, I might be the first to get a LEAF in Quebec (unsure yet), and they might want to do a small event and maybe a TV interview about this when I get it. We'll see.

rlav said:

gboudreau said:
rlav said:

Weird. Mine is also heading for Montreal, and has been "at rail" in the web portal since last Wednesday I think. Dealer didn't contact me, but Nissan Canada did. Apparently, I might be the first to get a LEAF in Quebec (unsure yet), and they might want to do a small event and maybe a TV interview about this when I get it. We'll see.

As FYI, the Canadian system doesn't have anything between 'at rail' and on the dealer's lot. (at least as far as I can tell)

For example, my dashboard says 'at rail', yet it is also currently sitting at my dealership waiting for me to get off my lazy patoot and pick it up. If you have been waiting awhile, can't hurt to buzz by your dealership and try to eyeball for your car, lol.

Wow - didn't realize people are already getting Leafs in Canada.

Statik, good to see you here. So, you are getting your second Leaf ?!

evnow said:
Wow - didn't realize people are already getting Leafs in Canada.

Statik, good to see you here. So, you are getting your second Leaf ?!

The lure of a 'Canada' thread sucked me back in, heeh.

Not many LEAFs for Canada this year...only 40 for retail (another 60 will be to fleet). Maybe 4 or 5 deliveries to individuals thus far. (Fair disclaimoUr: as of today, I am one. HuZZah for the Cold Weather Package!)

I got mine in Toronto yesterday. I think there are 4 deliveries so far out of the initial 40 reservations. Mine is Blue and has the high voltage charger port. I heard that if you ordered white you will probably have to pick another colour as the whites are all gone.

habu said:
I got mine in Toronto yesterday. I think there are 4 deliveries so far out of the initial 40 reservations. Mine is Blue and has the high voltage charger port. I heard that if you ordered white you will probably have to pick another colour as the whites are all gone.

Really? I was told that white is all they have left, I had to switch from red to white in order to be able to proceed.

jclemens said:
habu said:

Really? I was told that white is all they have left, I had to switch from red to white in order to be able to proceed.

You got one Joel? Very nice, glad to hear it.

Statik said:
You got one Joel? Very nice, glad to hear it.

no no, i'll email you directly when that happens. i was just called by someone at HQ apologizing for the delay and explaining that the only SL trim cars remaining with chademo are white, and I needed to re-do my quote request to change it to white and then it would work. Although that was on Thursday and still nothing :?

Just came back to this thread, if some of this has been covered apologies in advance - I know of the first LEAF delivered in Ottawa, one in Toronto, and three out here on the West Coast. As far as transaction IDs go, they start at 11 (1 through 10 were Nissan tests). We were 12 - been a great few weeks with the car, everything we'd hoped. :)

Check out the discussions on Canada Nissan Leaf owner's page on Facebook.

Cheers!

Just an update/data point for all of you tracking Canadian deliveries:

Shortly after getting the email allowing me to request a quote, I went into the dealer to have them appraise the 2010 Toyota Prius I'll be trading in. Yes, I'm trading in the Prius because it burns too much fuel. (If they quote me on that, it'll be a great sound bite :) ). The dealer gave me a quote good for 3 months. The amount is less than I would hope for, but then I'm not willing to go through the hassle of trying to sell it myself, and the dealer has a tax advantage here. (The trade-in value decreases the amount on which I will have to pay sales tax... or, at least, that's the way it used to work.)

Ironically, one of the reasons I specifically bought a 2010 Prius was the EV button. I wanted to be able to at least go short distances at low speed on electric power. But the Prius really, really doesn't like the EV button. Going faster than something ridiculously slow like 12 km/h? No EV for you! Actually step on the accelerator? No EV for you! Battery at half charge? No EV for you! Cold out? No EV for you! Well, I want an EV. No Prius for me!

Ok, back to the story...

The dealer had difficulties accessing the web site. Repeatedly. So my quote was kind of on hold, though I knew that they were just going to say "MSRP". Then one day last week I got a message second-hand that if I wanted it sooner I would have to pick a different colour. So I said "rework my quote", then changed red to blue and then managed to get hold of the dealer who said that the issue wasn't colour, it was the quick charge port. In fact, blue isn't available! Eventually I managed to change it back to red, and delete the quick-charge port. I was only interested in getting the quick-charge port as a hedge against the future value of the car; I don't expect to be using it.

So, anyways, I was assured that a car has been reserved for me, and just now I received the "your pre-purchase checklist is now available" email. The delivery status now says "Pending".

Ok, now I'm almost a believer: when being asked to sign up for CARWINGS, they show you the VIN!

(And it makes sense, it starts with JN1AZ0CP0BT: J means Japan, N means Nissan, not sure about the next bits, the B means it's a 2011 model, and T means Oppama)

ElectricAvenue said:
Ok, now I'm almost a believer: when being asked to sign up for CARWINGS, they show you the VIN!
Saw that too. Did you notice when Carwings got activated? Mine says back in August. Shouldn't this get activated after you get the car, and not 3 months before you even start using it? There's only a subscription for 3 years, right? I don't want to give up 3 months of that time before the car even arrives.

Statik said:
As FYI, the Canadian system doesn't have anything between 'at rail' and on the dealer's lot. (at least as far as I can tell)

For example, my dashboard says 'at rail', yet it is also currently sitting at my dealership waiting for me to get off my lazy patoot and pick it up. If you have been waiting awhile, can't hurt to buzz by your dealership and try to eyeball for your car, lol.
My delivery status changed from "at rail" to "unavailable" yesterday, when the car arrived at the dealer.
I'll receive it Tuesday.

myev said:
Did you notice when Carwings got activated? Mine says back in August. Shouldn't this get activated after you get the car, and not 3 months before you even start using it? There's only a subscription for 3 years, right? I don't want to give up 3 months of that time before the car even arrives.
Where do you see that date?
On the leaf.nissan.ca portal, under "enable CARWINGS", mine say: "account activated: 29-Sep-2011" which is the date I activated it.

Back