Window auto-down annoyance.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adric22

I just wanted to know if I was the only one getting annoyed by the auto-down on the driver's side window? I usually roll down my windows rather than use climate control. I understand that there are two stages of depressing the button. The first stage is manual control, push it (or pull it) a bit further and it goes to auto mode. My Prius was the same way. But for some reason the control on the Leaf just seems too darned easy to push all the way by accident. I usually just want to crack my windows in this weather, but wind up engaging the auto-down. Then I try to stop the auto-down, and wind up engaging the auto-up. It is soooo irritating. I just wish the switch had a little more resistance.

adric22 said:
I just wanted to know if I was the only one getting annoyed by the auto-down on the driver's side window? I usually roll down my windows rather than use climate control. I understand that there are two stages of depressing the button. The first stage is manual control, push it (or pull it) a bit further and it goes to auto mode. My Prius was the same way. But for some reason the control on the Leaf just seems too darned easy to push all the way by accident. I usually just want to crack my windows in this weather, but wind up engaging the auto-down. Then I try to stop the auto-down, and wind up engaging the auto-up. It is soooo irritating. I just wish the switch had a little more resistance.

Life's little annoyances... :cool:

I know exactly what you mean - it's a lot lighter feel than my Sonata, so I'm always doing the down-up-down-up thing to put the window down just a little bit!

Of all the annoyances with the user interface of this car, I'm surprised you mention the window button. That hasn't been the least bit of an annoyance to me. But then, to each their own. Maybe try pressing it with the middle of your finger, with your little finger, or with your thumb? Pressing it a bit differently might make it easier.

adric22 said:

+1

If your Auto-Up isn't working, it's because your stop torque setting hasn't been calibrated. To calibrate: use manual mode to put the window about halfway down, then HOLD auto up until about 5 seconds after it hits the top. This will calibrate your auto-up function and it will then work properly. (until you disconnect the 12v battery again.)

-Phil

Yes, this can also happen when the 12V battery is disconnected also, and is discussed in this thread:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3964

Slightly different procedure from that:

1. The calibration of the driver's window Auto-Up and Auto-Down is (can be) lost. Re-Calibrate by opening all the way (manual mode), then close the window (all the way up) and continue to hold the UP button for an additional 3 seconds.

Doh! :oops:

I had just never pulled UP on the switch HARD ENOUGH. Thanks to everybody for clue-ing me in. This removes a semi-major annoyance. And it was me all along... :lol: :oops: :roll:

Back