Denver Colorado LEAF Gathering #2: 24 March 2012

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I've been a little behind in the event planning of the first leaf meetup and I sincerely apologize. What I can tell you is the first event needs to be well organized to make the most of everyone's time and "charge".

With that in mind, the meeting spot will be at Walgreens at Parker and Arapahoe roads in Foxfield. Foxfield is the little town adjacent to Aurora and Centennial. I just passed by the Walgreens in Foxfield to confirm the EV charger. It is there!

I'd still like to have the meet this Saturday at noon if all Leafers can make it. If not, Saturday March 3rd would be the other option. The Dusty Boot Saloon is next door to Walgreens for your dining pleasure. If not, I'd like to do the meeting at Cheddar's casual cafe.

Thoughts? FYI: I'm meeting with Clean Cities of Denver Metro tomorrow afternoon. Clean Cities was the head sponsor at the Denver's National Plug-In day event. I plan to have one of the staff speak at the meeting.

I haven't heard back from ABC7 yet. I will follow up today.

We might be able to still have a representative from Walgreens there as well. I have been working with their local corporate office.

So to confirm.. the date is Feb 18th from 12 to ? at the Walgreens - at Parker and Arapahoe roads in Foxfield (16440 East Arapahoe Rd, Foxfield, CO 80016).

So definitely a Walgreens rep will be there.

Also, to help gain interest... I have come up with the following discussion points for the meet... and I will bring the material that I have that talks about these items too... for take home reading.

Discussion Points

Vehicle upgrades / modifications
• Horn Upgrade to Air Horn
• Clear Bra
• Window Tint
• EVSE Upgrade / cables / extensions
• Chrome Letters / Numbers
• Hitch
• Driving Light Upgrade to LED

Nissan Service
• Software / Lower-Apron Bracket
• Glove Box Light

General Discussion
• Distances
• Operations
- Car
- Carwings
• Taxes - info from John Doty (AFV/Hybrid Taxes and Rebates Division from the Colorado Department of Revenue) - regarding the Colorado Tax Rebate - I have actual numbers for 2011 and 2012 to use - and will distribute a paper copy of his email to me regarding the numbers to use for your records

batzman said:
We might be able to still have a representative from Walgreens there as well. I have been working with their local corporate office.

So to confirm.. the date is Feb 18th from 12 to ? at the Wagreens - at Parker and Arapahoe roads in Foxfield (16440 East Arapahoe Rd, Foxfield, CO 80016).

Hey, Batzman!

I'll be there!

You may want to edit the title of the thread, with the date, time, place. Just so the casual visitor knows that, "It's On!!!"

Plus, put all the cool info/summary on the very first post for easy access!

See you Saturday!!!!

(I'll need to visit a car wash before the meet-up. I want my Leaf looking its best!!!)

AmpUpCO said:
You may want to edit the title of the thread, with the date, time, place. Just so the casual visitor knows that, "It's On!!!"

Done... it should read better now... but I couldn't fit in Walgreens...

Suggestion:
Put the address, location details, time, driving and parking directions, etc. all near the top of the first post, using the title for your local, and the date.

Example:
Denver LEAF-Gathering #1: 18 Feb 2012

garygid said:
Suggestion:
Put the address, location details, time, driving and parking directions, etc. all near the top of the first post, using the title for your local, and the date.

Example:
Denver LEAF-Gathering #1: 18 Feb 2012

GREAT suggestion.... thank you. :D

Since Nissan will do the firmware upgrade at your home, wouldn't it be great if someone from the dealership attended and performed the upgrade at the event to all that needed it. I would bet it would be far easier to do a dozen cars in one go rather than us going to the dealer independently.

We are finishing the 18th month of our "SoCal" Gatherings.

I have been the acting "Branch Manager", and I am willing to share our experiences with you.

You have taken the most difficult step: organizing the first Gathering.

After that, you just keep doing it, with variations to suit the circumstances.

Here, I have been really well blessed with a great "family" of bright, kind, caring LEAF-friends.

SUCCESS! Our 1st Colorado Leaf Meet. I want to send out a thank you to all who participated. It was good to meet everyone and to trade thoughts, ideas, etc. Here are two pictures that Walgreens took and printed for us.

Another shout out goes to Walgreens for allowing us to sip the electric nectar while we were there. Until next time.

Attachments

• Cars-Group-Pic_edited-1.jpg
    Cars-Group-Pic_edited-1.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 51
garygid said:
We are finishing the 18th month of our "SoCal" Gatherings.

I have been the acting "Branch Manager", and I am willing to share our experiences with you.

You have taken the most difficult step: organizing the first Gathering.

After that, you just keep doing it, with variations to suit the circumstances.

Here, I have been really well blessed with a great "family" of bright, kind, caring LEAF-friends.

Congrat on your first gathering.
Gary provided some info on the success of LEAF gatherings. There is another key element to its success for the future. That is the group needs dedicated leaders (organizer, branch manager, etc.) such a garygid, gascant, tonywilliams, etc. for the gatherings to succeed. Then the gathering needs the dedicated enthusiastic owners to attend. So far the CA gatherings have succeeded.

Good luck to Colorado!

batzman said:
SUCCESS! Our 1st Colorado Leaf Meet. I want to send out a thank you to all who participated. It was good to meet everyone and to trade thoughts, ideas, etc. Here are two pictures that Walgreens took and printed for us.

Another shout out goes to Walgreens for allowing us to sip the electric nectar while we were there. Until next time.

Big Thanks to batzman and GREENEV for organizing this.
I have created a google group : http://groups.google.com/group/colorado-nissan-leaf?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That way it will be easier to organize events and gatherings. Please join and send suggestions etc to make such meets more productive and fun.
Thx

We had eight vehicles show up. I believe there are only 10 to 15 actual owners in the state of Colorado. With those numbers in mind, this was an amazing turnout.

For the Denver and surrounding Leaf Owners and soon to be owners... below is an invite that I have been permitted to pass along from the Greenprint Denver Sustainability Office.

The event that we have been invited to is called "The Electric Ride". This event is to promote the new Denver initiative to promote electric vehicles. Their website will be turned on during the event and can be found at http://www.ElectricRideColorado.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I have RSVP'd and I hope to see more of you there.

It will be hosted by the American Lung Association in Colorado and the Denver Metro Clean Cities Coalition.

As the image states, the event is on March 14th from 4-6pm and will be held at the Walnut Room (3131 Walnut Street, Denver, CO 80205)

Attachments

• The Electric Ride website launch invitation.jpg
    The Electric Ride website launch invitation.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 21
Also, as a note for future Leaf meets.... the Denver Greenprint Denver Sustainability Office will be happy to attend one of our Leaf meets....

What is your opinion on having the next meet somewhere else in the city? I view it like this... our first meet was approximately the South East Quadrant of the City. So for the next few meets, I think it is a good idea to cover the city in the other quadrants (South West, North West and North East).

Opinions?

Back