Texas Home assessment email

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhm614

I received my "home charging assessments now available" email today. WooHoo! However, when I log into my account, I don't see a way to schedule the appointment. ARRRGGGGGHHH.... Did anyone else get the email? If so, were you able to make an appointment?

J.

WooHoo! I was able to book my home assessment!

thanks for scheduling your home assessment
we look forward to seeing you on:

09/08/2010 01:00pm - 05:00pm
at the following address:

I got the email yesterday as well. Today there is the process to setup the evaluation. I am debating whether I should pay the 100 bucks for it or not. I am planning on installing the power station myself.

shay said:
I got the email yesterday as well. Today there is the process to setup the evaluation. I am debating whether I should pay the 100 bucks for it or not. I am planning on installing the power station myself.
In hindsight I think I should have passed on the assessment. My home is prewired and the install labor was still over $1000
I hope the $100 will apply toward the EVSE product only as I will not pay the ~2200 total install even if 50% tax credit.

smkettner said:
In hindsight I think I should have passed on the assessment. My home is prewired and the install labor was still over $1000
I hope the $100 will apply toward the EVSE product only as I will not pay the ~2200 total install even if 50% tax credit.
I am not sure if my 225 amp service is sufficient for one of the power stations. That is crazy for the installation even if your house was not prewired.

You really only need a 20a 240v circuit to drive the 3.3Kw charger of the LEAF
Although I believe the AV EVSE calls for a 40a circuit.
The EVSE is just a glorified connector, it is not the charger that is already in the LEAF.
225 amp home service is plenty.

smkettner said:
You really only need a 20a 240v circuit to drive the 3.3Kw charger of the LEAF
Although I believe the AV EVSE calls for a 40a circuit.
The EVSE is just a glorified connector, it is not the charger that is already in the LEAF.
225 amp home service is plenty.
I was looking at the Coulomb Tech one which is 30 amp http://www.coulombtech.com/files/CT500-Data-Sheet-July2010.pdf. As far as service load, I have got a 5 ton AC, electric cooktop, double wall oven, and a couple of pool pumps. The water heater and heater are natural gas.

I'm a wee bit confused. The federal tax credit for the home charger expires 12/31/10, according to http://www.nissanusa.com/ev/media/pdf/incentives/nissan-leaf-incentive-56.pdf, but in the "tell me more" link for home installation info, it says:
"step 2 - purchase*

after you've received your home charging dock installation quote, it's time to decide on a payment method. you have three options to choose from:

1. pay AeroVironment Inc. in full. you can do this anytime after you've ordered your Nissan LEAF
2. Include the price in your Nissan LEAF retail installment loan
3. include the cost in your Nissan LEAF lease"

Now, Nissan says I can't even order a Leaf until 2011, but I find it hard to believe AeroVarmint wouldn't want to take my money and install the charger this year. Are they contractually obliged to wait?

My quote from AV specifically expires 12/31/2010
If you want the tax credit I would count on completing the install by 12/31/2010 even if you have to pay cash.
I plan to buy just the EVSE (no install) and possibly by from a different source by 12/31/2010

I think it is going to be a scramble for AV to fill all orders by year end. That must be why the high quotes.... lots of last minute overtime

Okay, my home access date is September 8th (in the afternoon). What dates do other Texas folks have? Also, has anybody heard anything about DFW test drives?

I haven't been around here in about a month. I am still pissed at Nissan for these fixed price EVSE installs. I already have the necessary circuit in place. I'm not going to pay someone a couple grand to hook up a couple of wires and turn some screws. I'm at the point where I'm willing to refund my Leaf deposit... the $700 L3 charger option is also testing my limits. Nissan always said that all these cars would have L3 charging. I'm not expecting any L3 chargers in the area, but would I be a fool to buy the car without the option? What are other Texans doing?

Is there a reasonably priced EVSE alternative that I can buy and install myself?

Bicster said:
Is there a reasonably priced EVSE alternative that I can buy and install myself?
There should be before we can take delivery. But at this moment in time, there is not. Leviton still looks like the best DIY solution.

Bicster said:
Nissan always said that all these cars would have L3 charging.

Can you site your source? I've never seen it anywhere where Nissan said that all cars would come with level three standard.

Bicster said:
I'm not expecting any L3 chargers in the area, but would I be a fool to buy the car without the option? What are other Texans doing?

I am getting my LEAF with no L3 as I do not plan to use any fast charging to extended trips.
So far as I can tell the AV EVSE is the lowest price connector.
I am counting on L1 until the dozen or so EVSE companies all have the home product available.
Possibly I will end up with the AV EVSE (product only)

LEAFguy said:
Bicster said:
Nissan always said that all these cars would have L3 charging.

Can you site your source? I've never seen it anywhere where Nissan said that all cars would come with level three standard.

Mark Perry has said it many times. Then it changed to regional availability, and now this.

Dav said:
There should be before we can take delivery. But at this moment in time, there is not. Leviton still looks like the best DIY solution.

I guess Leviton pricing is TBD, but on the bright side I can buy Leviton stuff at wholesale...

If I don't schedule an assessment is it going to create any trouble when ordering opens up?

Back