Official Infiniti LE thread - early 2017, 60 kWh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVDrive said:
From there press release: "The Infiniti LE Concept’s battery system is a proven laminated 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) design with a ChaDeMo DC50kW quick charger."

http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa/releases/infiniti-le-concept-a-vision-of-zero-emission-luxury-revealed-at-new-york-international-auto-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A number of design features contribute to the coefficient of drag of 0.25, which aids driving range...

And if they put some money into lightening, it could also be pretty quick, as well as have agile handling.

Remember, a larger battery pack has much less value, in those markets with fast-charger networks.

You can't expect Nissan to design the car, for less-developed nations, like the USA.

IMO, only in America, would many buyers prefer the car, with an extra few hundred more pounds, and many thousands thousands of dollars worth, of additional batteries.

Maybe Nissan is hinting, that it expects, or even is planning an active role in achieving, a real US DC network, in the not-too-distant future.

evnow said:
Update : Here is the official press release.

http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa/releases/infiniti-le-concept-a-vision-of-zero-emission-luxury-revealed-at-new-york-international-auto-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

- 24 kWh battery
- 240 lb-ft torque
- 100 kW motor
- 0.25 coefficient of drag
- Wireless charging
- Available within 2 years (2014 model)
- Intelligent Park Assist with 360-degree camera views
- optional DC Fast Charging port
- Range Display that uses a mix of onboard and cloud-based data
- 186" long (11" longer than Leaf)...

"...The Infiniti LE Concept’s battery system is a proven laminated 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) design with a ChaDeMo DC50kW quick charger...."

The DC port is optional?

Sounds more like standard.

Interesting! The drivetrain looks essentially like the Leaf. Here is better download link, if you needed one: http://bit.ly/infspecs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun said:
You can't expect Nissan to design the car, for less-developed nations, like the USA.

IMO, only in America, would many buyers prefer the car, with an extra few hundred more pounds, and many thousands thousands of dollars worth, of additional batteries.

Infiniti is almost a made for US brand. So, yes, I expect them to design cars for the US market.

This is a cool pick. It looks like the have the % SOC and the miles remaining together on the dash. They learned something from our feedback on the leaf. Nice job Nissan.

The interior looks pretty sharp in general.

EricBayArea said:
I wonder if the range/% coincide... So if you're headed up a steep hill the GOM decreases to 30miles would the % remaining also decrease just as much?

infiniti-le-concept-05.jpg

Hehehe, it looks like it is engaging its transporter:

infiniti-le-concept-14.jpg

edatoakrun said:
And if they put some money into lightening, it could also be pretty quick, as well as have agile handling.
You can probably forget about that. More luxury = more weight. Want power seats? How about a quieter ride? How about less vibration? The extra combonents and heavier duty components to deliver these things all come with additional weight. Heck, increasing the wheel size probably just added 75 pounds. Now given enough time and money the engineers could probably take this weight back out, but they're not going to have either. Best case this car won't weigh much more than the Leaf. Likely it will weigh more, maybe considerably more.

EVDrive said:
This is a cool pick. It looks like the have the % SOC and the miles remaining together on the dash. They learned something from our feedback on the leaf. Nice job Nissan.
Power is understandable. Definitely a better display all around. Looks nice.

EricBayArea said:
I wonder if the range/% coincide... So if you're headed up a steep hill the GOM decreases to 30miles would the % remaining also decrease just as much?
Eric, that's a possibility, but I doubt it. The BMW ActiveE has a similar dash instrument arrangement, and although the DTE is less erratic than in the Leaf, I found the SOC gauge to be much more reliable and predictable. Have a look at a few pictures from a recent range test. For the most part, I traveled at a constant speed on a flat freeway:

Still only 24kWh? Conflicting info between some press reports, some said 34, but it looks like it really is only 24. Is that going to fly?

Herm said:
I think they should have put more tick marks on the temperature gauge.
:lol:

And to someone else's comment, I think Nissan did take our feedback to heart about wanting to see SOC... I am just upset they haven't (and probably aren't going to) figure out a way to give it to us who have this version.

[Rant] I really wish a cars with computer screens like the LEAF would get software updates that actually have NEW features. I mean, its fantastic that the car will warn me the door is open when in drive and all, but seriously? Show me new things! Keep me interested and excited. And its not that I don't love the LEAF but I'm used to smart phones (IOS and Android) where a new version means new features... REAL features. [/Rant]

A very short artist's concept video of the LE in this WSJ interview of an Intel exec regarding Intel and Nissan's new technology agreement. The LE video is at 2:15 and again at 4:48.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OLQG3JtVNzo#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

EricBayArea said:
And to someone else's comment, I think Nissan did take our feedback to heart about wanting to see SOC... I am just upset they haven't (and probably aren't going to) figure out a way to give it to us who have this version.

[Rant] I really wish a cars with computer screens like the LEAF would get software updates that actually have NEW features. I mean, its fantastic that the car will warn me the door is open when in drive and all, but seriously? Show me new things! Keep me interested and excited. And its not that I don't love the LEAF but I'm used to smart phones (IOS and Android) where a new version means new features... REAL features. [/Rant]
Eric, that's understandable. I have to admit that most car makers are starting to remind me of other large businesses that simply don't get software at all. Not only that the software in the car is often barely usable, they won't look for ways to update it, since it will cost them money. If a penny can be saved, it will. Additionally, the car business is heavily regulated, and any update to the instrument cluster will require quite a bit of testing. Of course, this will provide another convenient excuse not to update the software.

What car makers are doing today reminds me very much of what large mobile networks were doing with their handsets before the advent of smartphones. Android and iOS have changed the entire ecosystem, but I'm sure that you remember good looking phones with crappy software, which rendered them unusable.

I had the pleasure of working on a very large software project with one of the principal mobile network operators in this country. Our software was supposed to be the portal to mobile apps and network connectivity on the majority of their handsets. How this project was approached, the deadlines that were set, and the features that were removed and added, all of this clearly showed that the company, while well-intentioned, had no understanding of how software should be designed.

Has this video been posted yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJMvWjl4a4&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't much mind plugging in myself, but watch this. Once one BEV manufacturer begins to offer inductive charging,
I have a hard time believing it won't be a huge selling point, that all BEV manufactures will soon adopt.

If it had a real-world range of 100 miles on real freeways at real speeds, rather than their never-never-land LA4 100 miles, I'd be perfectly happy with that...

jackal said:
Agreed. I am not sure why they think that '100 miles' range is the magic bullet.

edatoakrun said:
Has this video been posted yet?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JJMvWjl4a4&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't much mind plugging in myself, but watch this. Once one BEV manufacturer begins to offer inductive charging,
I have a hard time believing it won't be a huge selling point, that all BEV manufactures will soon adopt.

Is there any sort of standard for that? And do you have to get the car positioned exactly over the pad?

The auto parking thing might work well for that lady, but my garage doesn't look anything like hers.

LTLFTcomposite"
...The auto parking thing might work well for that lady, but my garage doesn't look anything like hers.

Mine doesn't, either.

But it's selling point for me.

With auto park, I figure I could cram quite a few more cubic feet of junk in my garage, and still have precisely the room necessary, to open the doors...

TomT said:
If it had a real-world range of 100 miles on real freeways at real speeds, rather than their never-never-land LA4 100 miles, I'd be perfectly happy with that...

jackal said:
Agreed. I am not sure why they think that '100 miles' range is the magic bullet.

I'd be happy with an EPA range of 100 miles (like Leaf's 73).

Back