Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lettcco said:
State : California
Metro Area / City : Los Angeles / Santa Clarita

Trim : SL
Options : Quick charge, floor mat, cargo net

Total MSRP : 35430 (including destination)

Price Accepted : 34430

Dealer : Fontana Nissan

Date/Time of Order : 9/2/2010 1:00pm

Delivery Date : Pending

counting the number of post of this thread, I am #20. If only 20% people who buys leaf are on the forum, and out of that 50% responds to this thread, I would be number 80! lol

Nice, another person in Santa Clarita! What color are you getting?

For anyone in the SF Bay area, recommend you do not go to Premier Nissan, Fremont. Waste of time.

State: CA
Metro Area: Los Angeles/Long Beach

Trim: SL - Ocean Blue
Options: L3 Charge Port, Floor Mats, Cargo Net

MSRP: 34,610 (excluding destination)

Price Accepted: 33,610
Preferred Dealer: Connell Nissan of Costa Mesa
Date/Time: 9/02 2:00PM PST
Delivery Date: Pending

I had a very positive experience with Connell. After reaching out over the last month to most of the area dealers, I ended up going with them in the 11th hour. Mark and his team (Wade & Elise) were a pleasure to work with.

Long4Leaf said:
For anyone in the SF Bay area, recommend you do not go to Premier Nissan, Fremont. Waste of time.
Why would you go with anyone except North Bay Nissan and get 5%
I sure wish I was closer, 920 miles round trip is just too far :(

I concur with the earlier post...why would anyone in the "Bay Area" want to go anywhere other than North Bay Nissan?

Ron Coury as the internet contact there is well-informed in all things "Leaf," and moreover a participant in the broader "EV community." In addition this dealership has been the MOST open and upfront anywhere in Northern California about their (wonderful for the buyer) selling protocol. 5% off MSRP is being computed OFF the whole total including options and delivery....My computed "discount" was around $1770 off the MSRP for my SL.

In these days and compared to the under the table dealing and simply "take it or leave it" at MSRP on the Leaf in the Sacramento area, there was/is no comparison to the totally OPEN selling/pricing details I got from North Bay. I will be driving 84 miles from that dealership to our West Sacramento home, but I am already mapping out at least one charge point along the route in case I want to take any "sidetrips."

State : California
Metro Area / City : Los Angeles / Santa Clarita

Trim : SL, Ocean Blue
Options : protection package, floor matts, cargo net

Total MSRP : 34955 (including destination)

Price Accepted : 33955

Dealer : Fontana Nissan

Date/Time of Order : 8/31/2010 10:30 am

Delivery Date : Pending

Would like to hear from Lettcco and Cashu2, you guys are both in Santa Clarita? Did you visit Valencia Nissan?? Will be fun to see two other Leafs roaming SCV.

smkettner said:
Long4Leaf said:
I am 1500 miles away and Rairdon is shipping it from Wa to AZ for FREE. :lol:

Pricing and attitude (How dare I even ask for a quote below MSRP!). Was hoping to get the 5% or close to it without the 78 mile drive. But so far, it is looking like So Bay dealers are holding to MSRP. (Wonder if they had a little informal get together or something?) I did verify the 5% off MSRP with North Bay, and for the ~$1500 difference, it is worth the drive. Hope the 100 mile range applies to the route, but driving north to south is downhill, so I should be ok. :mrgreen:

smkettner said:
Long4Leaf said:

hobbyguy said:
Would like to hear from Lettcco and Cashu2, you guys are both in Santa Clarita? Did you visit Valencia Nissan?? Will be fun to see two other Leafs roaming SCV.

Hi hobbyguy! Check the bottom of this thread for my answer to that: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1141&start=50

How about you? Did you visit, call, or e-mail them? I only e-mailed, I didn't get the answer I wanted.

smkettner said:
Long4Leaf said:
The Bay Area is a big place, and North Bay Nissan is so far north it barely qualifies as Bay Area. I'm so far south that it would be a 105 mile trip each way for me. Sorry, I want a dealer I can have a continuing relationship with.

There's another point, too, perhaps related. The last two years have been really rough for auto dealers (not that it's been easy for a lot of the rest of us). I think they deserve to be able to make a reasonable profit on the LEAF. My own conclusion is that Nissan's MSRP is reasonable once tax credits and possible rebates have been allowed for. I wouldn't want my dealer to be a price gouger, but I don't begrudge them MSRP, especially considering the extra equipment and training they will need for the LEAF. Who knows, if they make a decent profit now, that might increase their chances of being around five or ten years from now.

I'm not rich, but I'm on a guaranteed retirement income so I'm a lot better off than many. A dealer I respect who sells at MSRP is good enough for me.

planet4ever said:
smkettner said:
Long4Leaf said:
The Bay Area is a big place, and North Bay Nissan is so far north it barely qualifies as Bay Area. I'm so far south that it would be a 105 mile trip each way for me. Sorry, I want a dealer I can have a continuing relationship with.

There's another point, too, perhaps related. The last two years have been really rough for auto dealers (not that it's been easy for a lot of the rest of us). I think they deserve to be able to make a reasonable profit on the LEAF. My own conclusion is that Nissan's MSRP is reasonable once tax credits and possible rebates have been allowed for. I wouldn't want my dealer to be a price gouger, but I don't begrudge them MSRP, especially considering the extra equipment and training they will need for the LEAF. Who knows, if they make a decent profit now, that might increase their chances of being around five or ten years from now.

I'm not rich, but I'm on a guaranteed retirement income so I'm a lot better off than many. A dealer I respect who sells at MSRP is good enough for me.

Great post

Nissan of Valencia seemed excited to have a August orderer. Once I asked for the $1000 off, got a call from the GM, he explained how much they need to make up to pay for all the upgrades to the dealership for the Leaf, so MSRP only. I even offered to do a newspaper article with them for what I was hoping would be the first leaf in SCV. Looks like they lost 3 local orders! I had a bad experience with them when I was looking to purchasing a Rogue about a year ago, thought I would give them another try, hopefully service on the Leaf will be ok.

hobbyguy said:
Nissan of Valencia seemed excited to have a August orderer. Once I asked for the $1000 off, got a call from the GM, he explained how much they need to make up to pay for all the upgrades to the dealership for the Leaf, so MSRP only.
I find that once a person starts explaining the business, they have no business.

hobbyguy said:
Looks like they lost 3 local orders!

Exactly! I'm sure after all is said and done thats at least $3,000 that they won't be getting from us. It worked out for the best anyways, now I don't even have to step into a dealership and my car will get delivered!

hobbyguy said:
hopefully service on the Leaf will be ok.

I might not even have my car serviced there, I have a dealership less then a mile from my work!

I have Glendale Nissan close to my work...no one ever said anything about them on the forum. I saw there was one customer in Burbank but not sure where he ended up (if he has ordered yet).
I'll see you at the mall parking structure some time I'm sure....

hobbyguy said:
Nissan of Valencia seemed excited to have a August orderer. Once I asked for the $1000 off, got a call from the GM, he explained how much they need to make up to pay for all the upgrades to the dealership for the Leaf, so MSRP only.

Federal rebates give upto $50K for chargers.

Selling just 10 Leafs a year at invoice gets them a very healthy ROI for their investment.

I had a very, very positive experience with North Bay Nissan. The process isn't entirely finished (not until I drive away!), but it is definitely off on the right track. Price just as advertised and salesperson very friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. Highly recommended if at all nearby! I couldn't be happier that I chose North Bay Nissan. They are excellent!

Trim: SL+quick charge port+ floor mats

Price: MSRP - $1K

Dealer: Connell Nissan in Costa Mesa, CA

Delivery Date: TBD

Color: Silver

Trim: SL+quick charge port+ floor mats+kick plates

Price: MSRP - $1K

Dealer: Fontana Nissan

Delivery Date: TBD

Back